Old Animations & New Future

Discussion in 'Animations' started by FightRay, May 11, 2017.

1. FightRay

FightRay Membah'

Hello everyone, I am FightRay (also known as FightDesign in the past) nice to re-meet you all after 5 years.
    I animate for a very long time, but I got my passion back recently. During these years I did improve a lot so expect a lot from me, the animations below are maybe 20% of what I can do today.

Here are some of my old animations from 2012 ~ 2013.

(The first one got blocked so I reuploaded it on dailymotion)

I decided to continue my plans for the FutureLegend Animated Series and am making every episode around 15 to 20 minutes each. If you're looking for an action packed, story driven, well scripted & planned sprite anime series then please let me treat you to one, as I will be releasing the first episode of it soon so stay tuned! Looking forward to joining future animation collabs with you guys!

#1 FightRay, May 11, 2017
    Last edited: May 16, 2017
    ZcyTHe likes this.
  2. Tra-La-Tracey

Tra-La-Tracey Veteran Membah'

Hey, dude! I think I recognize you from NGA Forums. Nice to see you again! :DD

Can't watch the first video 'cause it's block in my country ; - ; But the preview looks hype! Good luck with the first episode and don't hesitate to ask around for some CnC if you want it~

3. FightRay

FightRay Membah'

Yo Tracey! It's nice to see you again!
    I just reuploaded the video with edited music so it won't be blocked, please check it out :ilike:

(Original)

(Different music)

#3 FightRay, May 16, 2017
    Tra-La-Tracey likes this.
  4. Shulkle

Shulkle Remembered as the worst fight animator

This actually looks pretty interesting. It's something different than what I normally see here. I like how you experimented with rigs and all, but some could really use some...adjustments.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I'm not sure if you did this, but I think easing the movements would definitely help out these movements. I wasn't too fond of arms going a full 180-degree turn and staying at a constant speed. Ease-in and Ease-out fundamental can support what you're trying to do here. On the last spoiler, I would tone down how much the arm is skewed. Pixels looking this stretches leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

In some scenes, I felt like the darker colors of the background made the subtitles stand out much less. I think having a white fill with the purple glow would be better because of how some (if not most) environments are surrounded around the dark palette. Maybe it's because every other anime I've seen with subtitles use a white color, but it may just be me.

[​IMG]
    I think you could have gotten away with a simple pose-to-pose transition without the need of skewing. While it takes away the smoothness a bit, I think it'd look better overall.

Despite these small issues I have, I don't think it ruins the animation. The effort definitely shows, and I enjoyed it. Hope to see more from you~

Edit:
    I took a glance at your Episode 1 preview, and I think the main focus/problem I have with it is the easing. The rigging could definitely use some work. If the arms move at a consistent pace, they'd act more like robots. Check out Mali's rigging tut thingy and the concept of easing. It'll definitely help your movements look more life-like!

#4 Shulkle , May 16, 2017
  5. Ainn

Ainn ↻ Veteran Sprite Animator
    YouTube Contributor

Shulkle already described (and screenshotted) everything I was going to mention (STOP STEALING MY LIKES [​IMG] ). But I still remember you, and I wanted to encourage you to keep going.

Lynus and Shulkle like this.
  6. FightRay

FightRay Membah'

Thanks for the amazing feedback. Yeah, I am aware of the issues in the ep1 preview. It is an old animation and I've improved much further from that with the ease as well, you will see that when the actual episode is released. Took your points on the opening and will make use of them, thanks man!
    Any other opinions / feedback are always welcome.