1. Before participating in Maplemation Battle Royale, make sure you are familiar with the system. Happy battling!
  2. Guest, you may notice that chatbox is not here anymore. Use the Discord chat instead! It’s way more popular these days, Grandpa!
    Dismiss Notice

P1B1G vs. Elaeagnus

Discussion in 'Map Arena' started by Elaeagnus, Jul 11, 2012.

?

Map MBR.

1. P1B1G

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Elaeagnus

18 vote(s)
    100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elaeagnus

Elaeagnus Veteran Membah'

Conditions:
    • it's still a maple map (as in it need to have a ground/platform [something to stand on], a visible difference between foreground and background and all images used are maple sprites [edited maple sprites are allowed to])

• No serious cluster-fuck that you don't even see whats going on.

in other words (
    the conditions):

• a maple map
    • maple sprites only (so no non-maple related images)
    • make the theme: Surreal but peaceful

P1B1G's Map
    Well "surreal" isn't really a theme that I can do well... didn't really know how to bring it...
    Nether the less I tried.. really did a lot of effort in this one... I tried to make it all "dreamy"..

Well I hope you all enjoy it.
    And vote fairly please.

(Warning this map is pretty big and is .jpg [though not that much quality loss IMO] since imageshack (for free) can't upload images +5MB...)
    Elaeagnus's Map - Degeneration of a Dream
    I had so many ideas, but I wasted time trying to implement all of them which ended up looking like a mess. I started over and ended up with this simplistic piece...

With the time given for this MBR, I feel like I should've given more, yet it is what it is. Good luck to PBG, may the better map win.

Profiles:
    P1B1G
    Elaeagnus

2. Tr4nc3Soull

Tr4nc3Soull Newbie

I really like both, however my vote goes to pbg, he put so much work into his and its just "wow". Vote goes for him.

3. dplyda

dplyda The Afro Ninja

P1B1G....This nigga needs to be on the map team
    u can already tell who got my vote because of the effort put into his

4. Tom

Tom Retired Staff
    Retired Staff

Both of you guys need to stop thinking out of your asses. In fact most people on the forum needs to. How can you guys assume Jackie didn't put any effort? Because it was too simple? I know it may look like I'm defending her, but in all honest this whole "effort" cnc is a load of bullshit. I've been effected too via banner contest. How would you guys feel if I said "Hey I'm gonna vote for the other because this guy didn't put effort" but in reality you did.

I voted for Jackie because her map wasn't clusterfucked.

5. Collin

Collin Oppai REEEEEEEEEEEEfender
    Donator

P1B1G: Yours is just a huge clusterfuck rather than surreal. However I'm sure you put in alot more effort, or at least more time and work into that map.

Eleagnus: Your Map is simple and I like that. The moon does not look right the way you placed it on that specific tree sprite.

I'm voting P1B1G for the superior mapping put into it, however, both maps are tremendous. I can see myself using both of them in an animation in the near future.

6. Hunter

Hunter Member of the Month not LUL

Did you try Imgur?
    I'm voting Elaeagnus for simpifity or whatever.
    I like P1B1G's map but Elaeagnus got me into her map more.

7. Warren

Warren Zero Mortal Plan

Ele's map was beautiful,P1's was AMAZING too,but it was just a tiny clusterfuck,I'd like it more if it was larger and...well...cleaner.

8. markng1019

markng1019 Filthy memer

Both were nicely done but P1B1G's map has too much stuff in it(clustered)
    Voted for Elaeagnus.

9. DemonRawr

DemonRawr Veteran Membah'

I vote for Elaeagnus.

Elaeagnus presented a map that pertains more to the theme of "surreal", as opposed to P1B1G's. I admire how she attempted to make the map more abstract, such as the split map shade and using the bottom of a tree sprite as a sort of a hand by which is holding the moon, resembling an orb. P1B1G's was beautiful and quite extensive; however, I feel that it was more of a "warped-dimensional world" theme.

10. kaiguraproductions

I gotta vote for Eleagnus, P1B did way too much that didn't fit in with my eyes.
    "Rocks on the mirrors/ buildings."
    "So much effects it is in the end a bit of a mess."
    Eleagnus transition of blue to gray was beautiful in my eyes though.

11. Dally

Dally Watcher of the Land

PBG: I really like yours, the time warp graphics, the reversed time santuary islands...I like it. But yes, as some people have said, the foreground seems a bit cluttered with plants and such.

I see it now. OTL

Eleagnus: I like how she created a black-and-white shift over to the right side of the map, giving it a very surreal look. However, what turned me off is the upside-down tree and the Moon being held in front of the tree. It just didn't look right to me. :/

Overall, I'd say Eleagnus takes this one. The warped black-and-white shift seems the most surreal.

12. Nani

Nani Veteran Membah'

Vote for Elaeagnus

Elaeagnus had the simplicity and surrealism that made that just marvelous, from a night paradise to a devastation world, is genius.

13. MrAnpuu

MrAnpuu Never being used again.

Surreal: having the disorienting, hallucinatory quality of a dream; unreal; fantastic.

With that said, I'd say P1B1G's map fits that description perfectly. I don't think it's clustered... if anything, I'd say it's perfect. I'd use a map like this for some kind of wacky dream world. c:

Elaeagnus' map was really nice and fit the description as well, I just feel like P1B1G's map fit it t a little better. Also, I don't really get much of a "peaceful" vibe from the map :/ the dark side give off a dark looming death kind of thing...

Just my opinion. P1B1G get's my vote.

14. Goates

Retired Staff

My dear God P1B1G, what the hell happened here. Did you just take all the ideas you scrapped from the start of your mapping career and decide to cluster fuck them together in one oversized image? No, just no.

There is no harmony in the map. It's a big slap in my face that gives me a total feeling of discomfort and the absolute opposite of peace.

You overdid it. Big time.

I am not going to say that I like the opposing map too much. However Elaeagnus' had an idea here. Not that well executed, but an idea P1B1G was lacking obviously.

My vote goes to Elaeagnus because it actually fits the theme.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.