1. Before participating in Maplemation Battle Royale, make sure you are familiar with the system. Happy battling!
  2. Guest, you may notice that chatbox is not here anymore. Use the Discord chat instead! It’s way more popular these days, Grandpa!
    Dismiss Notice

Phlip vs. P1B1G

Discussion in 'Map Arena' started by Phlip , Jun 28, 2012.

?

Phlip vs P1B1G

1. Phlip

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. P1B1G

9 vote(s)
    100.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Phlip

Phlip リサフランク420現代のコンピュ

2. !PBG!

!PBG! O___o

-----
    EDIT: Yea.. the whole anonymous voting idea seemed to really went down the drain...

Just to make it clear for now: MAP1 -> P1B1G ; MAP2 -> Phlip

------

My First MBR :ilikeitplz:
    I really had fun with this one.

Good luck Phlip.

(btw I don't know why there are so less map MBRs.. I mean making a map takes less time than a animation and the MBR point is the same.. o__O)

3. Scythe

Scythe Veteran Membah'

MAP 1 IS P1B1G AND MAP 2 IS PHILIP

Map 1 really gave me that "fire temple" feel. I felt like I was standing near the sun or some shit when I saw it.

Btw where's the poll.

4. Phlip

Phlip リサフランク420現代のコンピュ

I MAY OR MAY NOT HAVE FORGOTTEN, I'VE PM'D JAWS NO WORRIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES. ;3;

5. Scythe

Scythe Veteran Membah'

Okay cool. Poll is up. I placed my vote =3= However we dont know who made map 1 and map 2. well. others wont. u should probably relabel it with the actual names of who made it

6. Toukans

Toukans ╭∩╮ <(°)
    Retired Staff

#2 doesn't feel like a temple. Seems more of a walkway or a bridge or something. It's a nice map, but it doesn't fit theme.

Going with 1 because it has a temple feel with all those altars and shit.

7. kaiguraproductions

Number 1 just looks too much like that place from indiana jones with all that lava, the top of that pillar seems so... not very scary. (reminds me of lubidarium)
    It also annoys me with that *skill mob* thing sitting in the center, more like a lava kingdom.

Number 2 however, has a really interesting touch with the distance and the floating rocks, showing it to be mystical. But almost not much to show of a fire temple.

I am going with 2 because 1 looks too messed up and broken down to be a temple. (that is to ME)

8. !Philbert

!Philbert Newbie

Well...first off...i dont care wat anybody says. GOOD FRIKKIN JOB TO THE BOTH OF YOU.
    Thanks for makin my decision so difficult...if i HAVE to pick one i'd say imma go with MAP 1 by P1B1G. I love LoZ, and it really reminds me of the Fire Mountain from OoT.

Now, that's not to say that Map 2 is a slouch. The biggest problem i had with it was that some of the pieces just seemed...out of place...i cant quite put my finger on it.

P1B1G gets my vote, but great job again to you both gentlemen!

9. Tr4nc3Soull

Tr4nc3Soull Newbie

Pbg gets my vote. Hands down. The colors pop out and theres just so much detail in it. Greatest map ive ever seen

10. CaptainKmao

CaptainKmao Newbie

Voted for the first map. Never seen those lava tiles before also the bridge is nice. I like the overlay of the "cave" part of it especially on the left. The Infrit(sp?) or maybe it was the other one, the Mage summon skill, was a nice touch.

11. Terry

Terry It's the mothafuckin' Black Baron, stop starin'!

PBG never fails to impress me i vote for him so much lava

12. Dally

Dally Reference Addict

Oh God PBG, I love that red flaming feel within your map. Just one thing. The fact that it is underground and contains lava makes it feel more like a volcano temple, rather than a fire temple. But that's just me.

Philip, your map is great too, but as someone else has said, it seems too much like a walkway and I feel the sky's colors don't match the theme.

Voting for PBG.

13. Echo

Echo Veteran Membah'

Ridiculous. I like them both. Alas though, I must choose one.

P1B1G

Pros: Your map has fire all over it. The gate really put the temple into place making it exactly what the theme was asking for. Staring at it literally made me get up and turn on the AC. I can tell if no one is wearing the red tunic from OoT they will bound to die soon.

Cons and a bit of CnC(?) : The rocks look repeated sadly.. as if it was going from a to b to a to b in that order. You should mix is up a bit.. Same goes for gears. I feel like you should have rotated some of them or added 1 or 2 more. to teach one.. But then again.. They are gears so what exactly are they moving? x.x..

Overall: I really like it. It's what the theme asked for and you delivered it with a pink bow.

Phlip

Pros: I like how you placed the rocks on top. It has some of the same ones but at least its scattered and not in a typical order. The background makes it seem like your'e right outside the temple and that you made a passage going to it.

Cons (CnC) : Though analyzing it does look like a passage to the Temple but through first glance it just looks like ruins.. The top part I feel would've been more effect at the bottom since the arch kinda looks too low. The middle platform doesn't really look like it has much purpose either. If the top row was at the bottom then maybe. The sky doesn't really fit this kind of scenery well if you're going to making an additional map of the Path of Oblivion from maplestory then yeah it would be good but you're going for a custom Fire temple.

Overall: I like it but in the end it doesn't really seem like much effort was put in..

So my vote goes to P1B1G

Hope to see more maps from both of you in the future c:

14. RainingPoptarts

Both maps were great, but I have to go with PBG with this one. Phlip's map didn't have that fire temple "feel", while PBG's did.
    Once again, both were excellent.

15. PokéMaster

PokéMaster MapleMation's Black Angel
    Donator

P1G1B get my vote. Map 2 felt like a entrance but not the actually fire temple. Both were great though.

16. JayLastLaugh

JayLastLaugh I'm Headphones Damnit

P1B1G got my vote. He is a map making God.

17. Warren

Warren Change: Beetle

P1B1G is amazing,his map is amazing,and I love it.
    Although Philip's map wasn't bad either :hurrdurr:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.