Reboot Thread

Discussion in 'MapleStory Talk' started by Xero , Nov 27, 2015.

1. Xero

Xero Veteran Membah'

As you know, another big update is hitting up GMS.

REBOOT
    (click the "REBOOT" for the patch preview.)

It includes class balances, reworks, and a new world, reboot.

Considering you already know about Reboot, feel free to discuss about it here, or post your to-be ign or whatever.

Dally likes this.
  2. Blacksmith

Blacksmith N E G R O I D
    Sprite Team

I hope this reboot eliminates that gross ass method of waiting for elites to spawn at drakes

3. Dally

Dally Watcher of the Land

I'm sure without trading or merching, elite farming will be much less popular. I'm definitely going to play the REBOOT server when it comes out, it's like an official private server that gives the essence of true interaction with other users to work together to improve their equipment and standing.

4. Yegor141

Yegor141 Praise the booty
    Donator

Yet you cant trade....
    Wth is the point then.

5. Dally

The point is to get stronger with the equipment you get by yourself, however, with PQs and hunting parties, it makes interaction with others all the more needed in this server imo.

6. Yegor141

Yegor141 Praise the booty
    Donator

@Dally TBH you get more mesos there but like, you can only buy pots with it, no top tier gear (EMP, FAF, TERM, GOLLUX, ETC)

7. Dally

I'm sure many people would disagree with you on what you said about mesos' use. You can buy ALOT more than just pots such as previously cash shop-only enhancement items. Besides, the funding for potting is basically chump change and I believe you get free pots from killing bosses. The top tier gear may not be as obtainable as it is on regular MS servers, but the purpose behind the Reboot server is for people to be more social and work together to obtain them(I believe the highest people have so far is the Penslair gear which you can get from mobs from DiPQ).

8. Xero

Xero Veteran Membah'

Protip - Potential rank goes by equipment levels 1-39 (Rank 1) 40-79(Rank 2) 80-149(Rank 3) and then 150+(Rank 4)

This means any class (Any Warrior/Thief Class) that has a top/bottom within the rank 3 level range pretty much has 2 potential potentials.

I don't know if potential unlock prices have been adjusted, but if not, go with 120 gear(~50k mesos), as it scales cheaper than 130 and 140(~300k mesos)

Unless you'd put in for the 130 and 140, then that's fine too.

9. Blacksmith

Blacksmith N E G R O I D
    Sprite Team

NIGGA THIS MEANS WORK FOR IT YOURSELF. NO BUYING SHIT :CCCCCCCCCCCCC

lazy ass :c

10. Kira

Kira Lynus was herex2 !
    Donator

Reboot world is more like a private server. I recall them mentioning that mobs gives more EXP than the normal worlds.
    Mobs will only drop items items that benefit their class and I think your main character will get stuff from it.
    Honestly, I've been too lazy to read up LOLOOL. IMO reboot world is their way messing with private servers in a way.

11. Xero

Xero Veteran Membah'

Based on my own experience, this is a little like how WoW does it, as everyone can have their own progression, as trading gear would actually damage the economy, and destroy the overall experience to the user who is barely starting to progress.

This is what happened with Ellinia.

There are some people who always bought CRA/Faf, but never did CRA.

Although disabling trading is going over the top, it really doesn't matter too much since all equipment dropped from mobs WILL be class based, so there's no real issue with "Getting the wrong equip piece."

12. Collin

Collin Oppai
    Donator

The point of Reboot world is probably so that players stop being loner, leeching fucks and actually work together.... but who actually thinks that's gonna happen, amirite? Imeancomeon this is fucking MapleStory we're talking about here.

13. Aranimation

Aranimation TrueHorizonBestHorizon

If the urge to play GMS (not just for 3 minutes and log off) again ever reclaims my soul, I'd make an Aran (go figure) and since it's a Reboot, my character's name would be the reboot to my Windian Aran (Aranimated -> ReAranimated). [Cheesy af]

My only questions are:
    Will there be a Pay2Win system implemented into the server or will it restrict all purchases to only mesos with the only perks bought are cosmetic?
    Will the FM map even exist if there is no form of trade allowed? And if so, will the only way people can broadcast to a larger community be through megaphones? [Looking for training partners, having questions they want answered, etc.]
    How hard will these new monsters be? So hard that solo players are left at a disadvantage against party players? Or so easy that people can just train solo with no disadvantage other than the lack of socialization (which seems to be the primary features of this server)?
    Will Cassandra and Gaga ever get together?

And like Collin said, will leeching come back from the era of Before Big Bang? Since party exp was nerfed after the Big Bang patch if I recall correctly, it might truly be a Bishop-reliant community that sells HS service and leech.

14. Xero

Xero Veteran Membah'

Going to assume you're fresh from the womb on this.

There's no way cash can be used to buy an advantage. There's no form of trading possible, period. The monsters will be hard enough to be barely solo-able based on your class.

Selling a service without trading?

15. Aranimation

Aranimation TrueHorizonBestHorizon

@Xero, Got a little ahead with my questions. Haha. Still curious about whether FM will still exist and whether or not people can leech their own characters.