Recruiting a Talented MapleStory Animator... Again!!

Discussion in 'Dead Projects' started by Sorrowful, Dec 3, 2016.

1. Sorrowful

Sorrowful Newbie

Hello you lovely and absolutely talented animators! My name is Kern or more commonly known around the web as "Sorrowful". I run a youtube channel (see: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTwIQ0NiZIDyezAlSFx703g ) and have an animated series on it called Maple Showdown ( );
    which quite obviously is 2 maplestory characters fighting eachother for a short amount of time.

There is only 1 episode right now, and that's because as talented as my Animator partner was; he was too busy to continue working with me unfortunately. The same person who worked with me to create Episode 1 was found by me through this very website haha. The way it works is I give the pre-fight story and I provide as much imagery to you (the animator) as possible, and then it's your job to make it come to life as best as possible. I even provide as much of the fight as possible including details of which skills should be used, how, and when.

It's been 9 months since the first episode has been out, and my viewers are still anxious for the second episode; though some have forgotten about the series altogether since it's been so long. I tried to recruit an Animator on Maplemation back in DECEMBER 2016, and I did find one. However, before we were able to actually work together he had informed me that a bigger project and/or opportunity had came his way so he would no longer be able to collaborate with me. It was due to this that I lost motivation to find a third person, but I don't want to give up on what I feel could be a great little series here on the web; so I'm trying yet again to find someone with a little extra spare time on their hands who truly has a passion for animating and can share my dreams with me and better yet; bring them to life.

What I'm looking for is someone who's great with communication, and someone who can (preferably) fulfill at least 3 episodes of the series under the terms we set before parting ways (unless emergency ofcourse). Last but most importantly, you'd need to be able to animate at a similar level or better as demonstrated in Episode 1.

The compensation will be cash via paypal and/or promotion through the video/description itself to your own channel/social media. However, because I'm not rich I probably won't be able to pay you top dollar. I know how hard and tedious animating is (I've tried it myself!) so trust me when I say I wish I could pay whoever wanted to accept this collaboration what they most likely deserve, but we may have to compromise. With that being said, I feel this collaboration to be a great opportunity for those who want to start up on YouTube and actually make something of their channel.

My projected "Views" amount for the episode 2 video is around 7,000-15,000 views, which can mean a large amount of new fans for YOU, the animator. It can also be a great way for you to showcase to a "larger" audience what you're capable of and get to see real feedback from my viewers in the comment section.

If you're interested in working with me on this opportunity, I would request that you pm me here, on twitter (@SorrowfulMS), or on youtube with the following:
    -A tiny bio of yourself
    -A video/clip of your previous animation work
    -What you expect/want to receive as compensation

I want to thank you all for your interest in advance, and keep on doing and creating the amazing work you guys do.

- Sorrowful

#1 Sorrowful, Dec 3, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    Tra-La-Tracey and iSmokeToast like this.
  2. UntitledOmega

UntitledOmega The king of exhaustion

good luck on finding an animator.

Sorrowful likes this.
  3. iSmokeToast

iSmokeToast PRYR 36518444
    Retired Staff

sounds like a pretty sick gig, you should definitely be able to find some awesome talent here

Sorrowful and UntitledOmega like this.
  4. Sorrowful

Sorrowful Newbie

BUMP/UPDATED POST [June 07, 2017]