ryu vs kyo

Discussion in 'Animations' started by jose117, Jan 10, 2017.

1. jose117

jose117 latino animator video game fan

this is my first time usin mugen spriter so do expecte a good animation enjoy

2. Garrett

Garrett Guest

For a first, not too shabby. Ya had me really digging the intro with the blazeblue vs screen, and I can see you were going with a more of a traditional kinda fighting game style type fight. However I'd suggest a couple of things:

1. Hit sparks, It helps not only mark where, but also when the impact of a hit exists besides just hearing a sound effect, even if it's a block, a small hit spark would be nice to see. You can get said hit sparks from a multitude of places, ranging from Spriters Resource, to even here on maplemation (once you reach 100 posts)

2. If you plan on doing a life bar, make it dynamic! Ever block chip away a little bit of damage, every major hit or combo start jacking it away. Makes it feel more authentic. Which doing this is easy enough, ya just have to mask the yellow life bar and animate it going down every time a hit is in place. It may be tedious work, but it'll add another level of immersion besides it just sitting there, stagnant the entire fight.

3.Sound effects. While the Hyun's dojo body hit sound effects can be great in some instances, for this fighting game type fight here, it just doesn't work all that well. Personally I'd suggest going over to sound resource (or just googling where to find these, there are ALOT of resources on the internet if you go looking) and getting either Streetfighter or KoF sound effects, or both! Because hearing ryu bash the shit outta Kyo without his sound effects just isnt the same.

There are some things you could do better with physics and choreography, but I'm mainly just an effects animator, so I'm not exactly an expert on that subject, I'm sure if you ask anyone on the animation team, they could help you better on that end than I could.

Overall, 6/10, enjoyable, good concept, needs work. Hope this helped

TL;DR: Hisparks, add em, Lifebar, make it do a thing, Sound effects get better ones, 6/10, on my end.

jose117 and Drew like this.
  3. jose117

jose117 latino animator video game fan

thaks for the tips a keep the mind for next tipe of animation

Efezey and Garrett like this.