Smog's Animation Team Application

Discussion in 'Closed Applications' started by Bakari , Dec 4, 2014.

1. Bakari

Bakari Veteran Membah'

Tell us your biography. Who are you? How did you become active in this media? Why? When? Who taught you?Just tell us a little about yourself.

Hello!
    My name is Bakari Camara and I'm 18 years old. I first joined the community January 2011, but didn't start animating seriously until about a month later. I was a big fan of Maplestory ever since the beta (I was eight I think...?). About a year after I started playing MS I started watching MS related content on Youtube. After a while I stumbled upon windows movie maker animations and a couple years after I found a flash animation made by an old member named Minh (or something). I got really inspired and I felt like I had to make something like this. So I joined the community.

I learned the basics by looking at one of this forums tutorials, made by ThiefOfRoses and after that I thaught myself everything else (other than some tips and cnc by other members on the forum). What really got me seriously animating was the point I befriended Glay (TheAniMouth), who introduced me to other great animators like ''Ryan'' and ''Zack''. I knew they were and I was a fan of their animations, so I kinda wanted to prove to all of them that I could be all cool with my animations. Took me around a year or two to actually become ''decent'' for the time and after that everything kinda continued naturally.

Other than that I also major Film and Animation in my high school (yes we can choose what to major in high school).0

Tell us anything we need to know about your future behavior in the team.Why do you want this position? What are your plans to improve the team? How dedicated are you?

I want this position because being a part of the animation team is something I've always aspired for. When I joined MapleMation back in 2011 one of the main reasons why I kept on animating. So being able to join the AT would be amazing for me.I would of course participate in all of the animation team activities and help the community in any way I can.This is the last year for me in High School and before I hop onto college I'm going to take a year off and just work, which will give me a lot of free time on my hands.I feel that me also being an active member on the forum is a plus.

Convince us with your work. Follow the application rules above.

Link (Though this is a short one, I personally like the scenery and mood of it, also how2snowinae?).
    Link (Ayy lmao, Choreography).
    Link (MMV, not my best one but it's something. This is my first time actually going all out on after effects).
    Link (Another MMV, made much earlier before the other one, see this as a body part movement demo, haha).
    Link (Static and boring fight scene and this was before I learned how to #Arcs, but this is proof that I can also make lengthy animations).
    I'll send another one through PM.

Do you have anything else to add?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3cvHxqAU9YtQgwtKvDzw2QIf you want to see more of my animations.

View full application

2. NΣRO

NΣRO Guest

One of my fav animators.
    Plz make it b0ss

Bakari and Taki like this.
  3. Mistah Chink

Donator

D00d you've come a long way and you've certainly founded yourself as a motivational animator as well as a chilled dude in general. So happy to see you've kept it up and reaped the fruits of your hard work and time.

You deserve it mang

Bakari likes this.
  4. Sekka*

Sekka* The Snake
    Retired Staff

Honestly, you are by far one of my favorite animators. Your ability to make such magnificent animations is amazing and your overall personality is kind and friendly. You are also a rather active member of the forum who seems to be willing to help out others. Some of the animations you posted here are unfinished, which is a little disappointing (not trying to be rude), but the finished ones more then make up for them. I think you are definitely qualified for a spot on the animation team, and really hope you get on!

Bakari likes this.
  5. JDRAustin

Donator

Bring it home bakari.

You've been one of my favorite animators for a while, Your top-notch speed style is what takes my eyes and catches my
    breathe in your animations. Please keep up the good work.

Lynus and Bakari like this.
  6. Lynus

Lynus R.I.P Reginald.
    Retired Staff

It will always amaze me that no matter how fast your animations are, I am able to still comprehend what is going on.
    As well as exctra poitns for your fuckin' attention to detail btw.

Bakari likes this.
  7. Tooler

Tooler Legend
    YouTube Director

You took a different route on MM than me despite us coming here roughly around the same time, my hats off to you for growing so much, too bad I never had the patience for flash, kudos man

Lynus and Bakari like this.
  8. Blacksmith

Blacksmith N E G R O I D
    Sprite Team

bakari......you have potential to be as popular as Sf2 or Mali

you got to do it baus....belieeeeve *^*

Bakari likes this.
  9. Smeagal

Smeagal The Clutchness

Your animations are fucking extraordinary. Hope you can get into the team.

Bakari likes this.