#StopAsianHate

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by CCshinobi, Mar 23, 2021.

1. CCshinobi

CCshinobi Filmmaker, Animator

Hey everyone,

While this isn't a place for politics - like, it's not in our policy to dispute adult shit like politics, race, social issues, etc. - I just wanna say that I'm here to support you. And I think I can vouch for the staff that MM is a strongly diverse community that harnesses creativity and entertainment.

We're here to have fun. Acts of racial prejudice and xenophobia are not welcome.

What's happened in the US media regarding hate crimes in the past week has been heartbreaking, horrifying, and yet unsurprising. Asian Americans like me and many others have silently endured decades of unacknowledged stigma and harassment, but now the pandemic has elevated it to such a blatant, in-your-face, violent degree, it can be emotionally crushing for the soul. Hopefully change is upon us with rising protests and gov't call-to-actions, but my point is this.

Please check on your Asian friends/family and if you need someone to talk to, don't hesitate to DM me. I've been a little busy with my career lately, but I'll do my best to reply. These are crazy times, but we will pull through.

Stay safe/sane fam! #StopAsianHate #StopAAPIhate