Team explanation thread?

Discussion in 'Answered Feedback' started by Jaycie, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Jaycie

Jaycie Chop~

No, Im not trying to complain that there is no sign of a team's work anywhere. I want to know more about them but I couldn't find a thread where I can read about the teams' information and responsibilities. I could only find past discussed threads about it, but I have no idea what the end result of the discussions are. If there is such a thread with all the teams' explained please share, if not - please make it happen.

Excuse my ignorance, but even at this point, I have no idea what the respective teams' responsibilities are or why they exist. Are they still to be worked on, or are they running already?
    It's just normal to have such thread in order for the future new members to know all about them, right? If I was a new member, I would've looked for a pinned explanation thread.

So, a team explanation thread, anyone?

Bakari likes this.
  2. prozak jouska

prozak jouska Zenkai Boosted
    Donator

Teams are pretty much just mods of each section.

3. Taki

Taki Kuulas enthusiast
    Retired Staff

nghhhhh, this is a question that's still hard for me to answer.
    I don't know exactly what the teams will be doing more then collabs and keeping their section alive and clean. I thought that was self explanatory, cause it somehow was when we had them in the past.
    Teams were just demanded and i created the possibility. I give the leaders responsibilities whenever i need them, like judging youtube contributions. I can't delegate them more than that.
    Being in a team serves primarily as a title, what the leaders decide to do with their team afterwards is up them. It's just helpful to be able to distinguish qualified people from the others, especially for collabs.

Your request has been heard and will be worked on. At least i will do it in the sprite section once i get time for it. It would definitely help if you discuss further what you expect from us.

Sekka* and Jaycie like this.
  4. Jaycie

Jaycie Chop~

Unfortunately I wasn't here in the past so I have no idea what they've been doing. I suspect the future members would not know either. I mainly wanted some good definition summed up to make everything clear for future generation.
    Without knowing what its definition and responsibilities - I don’t even know what I will be applying for.
    Thanks to your reply, I kinda get the situation. I guess you can make the thread and ask the teams to send in their explanation or something?

Well, I'm an outside person so I don't want to act like an expert and put unnecessary pressure on anyone. Something I can mention:
    We’ve had good discussions for ideas here and there – but since no one is there to make them happen, it just makes our discussion wasted. Make them happen, or kill it. I will list them here. Sorry if any of them are being worked on, but since no one gives the last update I can only know that much.
    This might not be for the teams, but maybe worth to mention:
    • Tutorial section needs some cleaning. This might not be the teams job though. Outdated and bad explained tutorials are still out there. Some tutorials with images aren’t even there anymore, my bad for not reporting. Respective teams can maybe take a look and decide if they are even useful?
    • Last time I checked the resource section, there were several links that doesn't work anymore. My bad for not reporting in.
    I think it may be a good start.

Taki likes this.
  5. Taki

Taki Kuulas enthusiast
    Retired Staff

Ok so, although there wasn't a thread made like you suggested, i think the purpose of teams is clear now.
    I'm still plannig to write a sort of team codex but that will require some more time. Until then i think i can call this suggestion resolved.

Jaycie likes this.