The 100 Weapons Collab!

Discussion in 'Finished Projects' started by Seth, Nov 7, 2017.

1. Seth

Seth Proxy

Hello!

Today, i propose us, spriters, should make a collab!

The collab is very simple, and encourages everyone to join! Even people who haven't ever touched a pencil tool!

This collab's objective, as said in the title, is to make 100 weapons! (Collectively)

Because the explanations are quite lenghty i'll put a TL;DR spoiler at the end.

The requirements:
    -No experience in spriting required! Everyone is able to join.
    -Any spriting program can be used. MS paint and even flash cs6 (lol good luck with that though)
    -Sprite of each weapon must be atleast 10 pixels long and wide. We don't want those mega small 2-pixel katanas!
    -Sprite of each weapon must be a maximum of 225 pixels long or wide. Making a mega-gigantic sword of that size, can it even be considered pixel art anymore...? Well, unless, the thing you're spriting in itself is HUGE, it's okay. Just don't exaggerate with the size of weapons that shouldn't be bigger than what they are. Or else, it will take too much of the spotlight in the final result!
    -The sprite must be colored. You're not allowed to post only an outline of it. It's ok if you don't shade it, though.
    -Your sprite can contain a monster or a character or whatever background object you want. Just make the weapon the main focus! Ex: a maple character holding your weapon, or a shiny sword in a stone.

-No nudity or excessive gore. (Dunno how you're going to make a ''nude'' weapon, but human creativity is scary.)
    -You can sprite whatever you want, as long as it can be considered as a weapon. Want to sprite a sword? Go for it. Want to sprite a shield? You can basically bash people with it, so it's a weapon! Want to sprite a huge machine that can doom everything? You're allowed to!
    -Half-assed sprites that you obviously didn't put any work on won't be accepted. Even if you suck at spriting, i'd be able to easily notice if you put effort into it or not.
    -Once joining, you must atleast make one weapon. Otherwise... well, it's not like i can do anything about it, but... i will make fun of you. Yeah. Bohoo.
    -You are allowed to make as many edits as you want to your sprite.
    -You are allowed to use anything as a reference.
    -You are NOT allowed to steal a sprite, however, you are allowed to HEAVILY edit it, to the point you can claim it as your own.
    -Two similar weapons with just one slight difference will count as one. (Such as different palletes, or different minor details)

[​IMG]
    One of the most important things is that there is no background. You can put a ''background object'' in your sprites, but not a background that's not of a single, solid color. Now, onto explaining why the weapons are valid and invalid:
    1st Weapon: The green sword thing, It hadn't exceeded the size limit, and it's clearly a sword, so it's valid.
    2nd Weapon: The blue spear thing: While it did pass the lenght limit, the spear itself is a very long weapon, and not that big in width, so it passes.
    3rd Weapon: The purple sword: It is invalid, as it is too big, exceeded lenght limit and lacks too much detail. If it was half the size, it would be considered valid.
    4th Weapon: While it isnt a sword or a spear, it is a turret. It can be considered a weapon, so it is valid.

The way we're going to work might change as we discuss things on the newly created server, but for now, this is my suggestion:

Everyone will work individually on their sprites, or they can work together, too. Doesn't matter. As long as you get to make it, it's ok! After that, they will send their sprites via discord chat, either in the collab server or by PMing me. This will prevent their sprites getting stolen.

After either we get to make 100 weapons, or the deadline hits it's time limit, a reaaaally big image will be made, containing all sprites in it in a certain order. Either that, or various images containing like 10 weapons each. Every single participant will be credited.

Most likely, the final image will be sorted in size. The smalles weapons on bottom, and the biggest on top.

You can Apply to the collab by simply telling me your discord ID. After 5 participants join, i will create a discord server and contact everyone about it.

The deadline will probably be the 2nd month of 2018. It might be extended by another month if the participants are still willing to work on it.

1. To make 100 weapons! Though, this is a very unlikely objective. So it doesn't matter if we don't reach 100. It will be awesome if we do, though!
    2. To have fun! Everyone is allowed to join, and nobody should take any pressure on this collab. They are all allowed to make as many or few weapons they want.
    3. To improve! A challenge such as making many weapons is guaranteed to improve everyone's skills. Aditionally, on the discord server, we can give each other advice, which will help on the improvement even further.

1- Seth
    2- TheJackal
    3- Juan
    4- Taki
    5- Taki x2
    6- Kat
    7- Blacksmith
    8- Kaffeine
    9- StayFrosty
    10- TraLaTracey
    11- Aranimation
    12- Lynus
    13- Oryon
    14- Drew
    Damn, that's a lot of participants! and they just keep coming!

The collab objective is to encourage everyone to sprite a weapon of their choice. Anyone can sprite as much or little as they want, and it doesn't really matter if we don't get to make 100. The weapons must not be too small (like minecraft-sized small) nor too big for it's original size (for example: a sword that could be between 20 to like 100 pixels big shouldn't be much bigger than that, unless the sword itself is as huge as a building or haves a ton of details).

#1 Seth, Nov 7, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    Trax, CCshinobi and Kat like this.
  2. Hoonyo

Hoonyo Guest

Sadly, I made my first weapon, but I'm still down to join this one! The collage in the end sounds good as well ^^

3. Seth

Seth Proxy

Yeah, i've seen your weapon. You can post it for this collab, as it meets all the requirements, and you've made it just very recently, so why not?

As for other people that are joining, please give me your discord ID, or Mention me in MM chat. Seth0356. I already know jackal's so i have no need to ask his.

Hoonyo likes this.
  4. Juan.

Juan. Veteran Membah'

put me in coach

i don't know why you'd need my discord id if you're not making a server tho, either way you can find me on the maple weapon collab chat

Hoonyo likes this.
  5. Taki

Taki Delete me
    Retired Staff

I‘m in, although i‘m busy as hell lately, but i‘ll try to as good as possible.

I count as two spriters, we are 5 now. Make dat discord group!

Hoonyo and Seth like this.
  6. Kat

Kat Medicine keeper

I want in on this. I'll try to make some time for this.

Hoonyo likes this.
  7. Kajiya

Kajiya The Forge God

hi

Lemme in baus, gibbe de weapons baus

Kat and Hoonyo like this.
  8. Seth

Seth Proxy

The collab now haves 5 members (or 6 cause of tako?), and the collab will be put into motion. The thread had been edited and will have more adjustments as time passes. Deadline is expected to be the end of the 2nd month of 2018.

Anyone is allowed to join the collab at anytime. All you gotta do is talk to me in discord (My ID is Seth0356) or post their discord ID here.

9. Tra-La-Tracey

Tra-La-Tracey Veteran Membah'

Make it 6! I'm in~! ^o^
    Looking forward to see the final product~

Hoonyo likes this.
  10. xOryion

xOryion Mocha

Not a spriter but this sounds fun, I would love to give it a try! :D

#10 xOryion, Nov 8, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
    Hoonyo and Tra-La-Tracey like this.
  11. Aranimation

Aranimation TrueHorizonBestHorizon

[​IMG]

12. Kaffeine

Kaffeine ʕง•ᴥ•ʔง

I've been wanting to pick up spriting for a while!
    Discord: ♕Kaffeine#3270

13. Noz

Noz NPC

N. #2390
    Does it have a cnc channel? I want to get better, but I don't want to ruin a surprise for others that aren't in it! Lolololol

Seth likes this.
  14. Lynus

Lynus R.I.P Reginald.
    Retired Staff

if there is a discord chat, please ass me too!

Min likes this.
  15. Art Thief

Art Thief ArtThief (I don't know how to change my nAME)

The worst spriter on this forum will join

Lynus and Seth like this.
  16. Craigster

Craigster Newbie

Screw it. I'll add my share.

[​IMG]

Oh yeah, almost forgot: Craigster #3695

#16 Craigster, Nov 10, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
  17. ScythexFear

ScythexFear worst fireworks animator

shit bruh i've been dead so ill try

Tra-La-Tracey likes this.
  18. Flicker Fall

Flicker Fall Flicker-Fall here

<----- I think this maplemation zombi is up for it.

Dar Lit Glitch#2447

Seth likes this.
  19. Eternal Space

Eternal Space A fantage animator, a spy/rat maple community

Hi I’m wondering if this collab is still open, because I would love to join in the fun

*edited*
    I forgot to put in my discord thingy ~oops
    Etern#4066

20. Kill

Kill Newbie

Count me in on this. Sounds really fun! :)

Discord.
    Kill#6647

Seth likes this.