The 100 Weapons Collab!

Discussion in 'Showcase' started by Seth, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Seth

Seth Proxy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Twenty two spriters form a team together to reach the ultimate goal of creating one hundred weapons, and thus, they succeeded!

This collab main objective was to encourage all spriters of all skill levels to come and join us in a group, where we would sprite weapons together. It encouraged spriters to become better and to obtain different point of views from others, aswell as to showcase their sprites (since it would be kind of a waste to make something so cool and have no one look at it).

The main rule was that you had to sprite anything that can be considered a weapon or at least look like one. It didnt had to be extremely enormous, neither something smaller than a minecraft sprite.

Slowly, after many months, we finally reached our objective to reach one hundred weapons. In fact, we actualy did 101 weapons (Damn you guy who ruined our perfect number! (Just kidding.)), and now, i will put all of them to showcase.

The most motivated spriter and participant of all, Blacksmith, whom created the most weapons. Also put tremendous amount of effort in a side project for the collab, but unfortunately it failed. Kudos to this guy.
    [​IMG]
    Although he only made two, the quality of his sprites is undeniably good.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

A really cool dude who kept the group chat lively, aswell as the 4th participant who made the most sprites, and also the one who made the first banner you saw. Thanks a lot Bluezimmi!
    [​IMG]
    He was probably the newest at spriting, and although he only made one, he constantly tried his best to improve it.
    [​IMG]

Though his first sprite wasn't great, they somehow managed to improve it a thousand-fold. They also made a sword and a... axe or shield (?) representing Toucans.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Always with cool ideas, Drew is one of the few who sprited ranged-type weapons. He even managed to make a really cool .gif image!
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    The legendary Frosty, whom decided to grace us with his beatifull animator skills to create amazing .gifs. He is also a great spriter by himself. (Though im sorry because i don't know how to import gyazo files, so you will have to click the links.)
    https://gyazo.com/3f90e08099802e4eb2d38202a5d47d04
    https://gyazo.com/1ae112171c78d7ecc583f1cfe254c27e
    https://gyazo.com/1a45844dfffaf99f47def1901f81d916
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    You tried.
    [​IMG]
    The great Jackal who thought he had to make one hundred weapons himself, sprited as much as he could. By the time he realised he didn't have to, he already made 15, and became the 2nd participant who sprited the most weapons.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Though she may only have made one weapon, it's definitely very high quality. She also kept the chat alive and fun.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Having made a ton of weapons specifically for maple characters, he is the 3rd participant with most weapons sprited.
    He calls the set of weapons he made ''Eucatas.''
    [​IMG]
    Yes that's his name. A guest spriter not from MM, he haves an intriguing style that sets him apart from everyone else.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Another guest spriter. He actually made a few more weapons, but unfortunately they didn't meet the size criteria.
    [​IMG]

The arrogant host of this collab, i'm definitely glad i hosted it. It's been fun meeting everyone.
    [​IMG]
    He recreated the gunblades of Luciel from elsword.
    [​IMG]
    Definitely the most skilled spriter out of all.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]oh god they re so beatifull
    The lovely pink participant everyone knows.
    [​IMG]
    The guy who almost got banned 3 times lmao
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Whew, that's everyone!

All participants have agreed to allow anyone to use their sprites, and while you're not forced to credit them, they would appreciate it. However, you are absolutely not allowed to claim them as your own.

#1 Seth, Feb 17, 2018
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
  2. Craigster

Craigster Newbie

IT'S FINALLY UP! Yeah, I was the new guy and my sprite isn't all that great but I hope to learn from this and hopefully join more collabs in the future!

Taki , bluezemmi, Kat and 1 other person like this.
  3. Bathtoys

Bathtoys Rubber duck enthusiast.

This is amazing! I heard about this collaboration a while back and I'm glad to see that it's finally completed.
    Fantastic work, all!

bluezemmi and Seth like this.
  4. bluezemmi

bluezemmi Busy

Great job everyone on the weapon collab! Working with all of you has been a great experience for me. We even had some lovely inside jokes, those were great.

Hope you all had fun!

Kat and Seth like this.
  5. Sleep

Sleep Newbie

Yeee finally the 100 weapons posting and disappearing is out
    Good job everyone
    IMG_2126.jpg

Seth, Shulkle , Kat and 2 others like this.
  6. Kayas

Kayas The Indolent
    Animation Leader

We need more sprite collabs.

7. Kajiya

Kajiya The Forge God

I wanted to sprite more so this was a nice little giddy up for myself

Also i figured out a fix while on vacation, ill continue it once I get home and do the flash fix

Edit: >mostly motivated
    I wouldn't say that.....

8. SuperKimxD

SuperKimxD Space Case
    Retired Staff

Daaamn, I didn't know there were so many active spriters here! It sounds like you guys had a ton of fun, and I love the results. Good job! Lots of carrots and stop signs, for some reason...

9. Seth

Seth Proxy

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Shulkle and Kat like this.
  10. Hoonyo

Hoonyo Guest

This came out great! Fantastic work everyone! I wonder what would've happened if I didn't find out that we didn't need to make 100 weapons each. ^^'

Kat likes this.
  11. CCshinobi

CCshinobi Filmmaker, Animator

Holy crap, these are all freakishly gorgeous. Some could use better textures, but hell all the designs are amazing!
    Beautiful sprites everyone! Congratz on a grand, successful collab @Seth5443 :D

Seth likes this.
  12. Miles

Animation Team

I love the Crumpled up Stop sign and the Dragonslayer, those were two of my favorites! Great job everyone!

Seth likes this.
  13. Tra-La-Tracey

Tra-La-Tracey Veteran Membah'

100 BABY!! WHOO! Seriously, that's insane.

Huge props to everyone in the collab :D Minus me 'cause I originally had a gray cannon and turned it to pink last minute dohoho~

HUGER props to Seth for the idea and hosting it! :DDDDDDDDDDDDD

Now get on Sprite Team, sonny boi

Seth likes this.
  14. Flicker Fall

Flicker Fall Flicker-Fall here

Late as heck, but I'm glad to have made some stuff for this collab.

Also don't ask about the toucans weapons, I don't remember why I made them.

Seth likes this.