The Battle Tower Collab!

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Thewindyfan, May 21, 2020.

1. Thewindyfan

Thewindyfan I'm too slow for this shit

Animation Rank:
    Gold | 123

[​IMG]
    I announced this awhile ago via the Maple Riot discord and didn't really advertise it anywhere else, but I figured I'd post this here so people can reach out to me here as well (and so the rules and idea is more public without me having to explain it via DM to every person interested).

A mysterious battle tower has suddenly emerged, with a glowing power emanating from the top. Some rich dude is offering maplers a hefty lump sum for anyone that can reach the top. Are you up for the task? Take on the Battle Tower!

This collab is open to anyone interested to make a part! Not only are maplestory sprites allowed, we are also including in Sonic and Kirby animators! Here's the brief run-down:

Each participant is given a section of the tower to animate their part in via DM - basically, you're doing a Mob Bash of sorts but on a floor of this tower looming with all sorts of enemies.

Rules
    Animate your character coming in from the left, kicking ass in whatever way you please, and then exiting to the right.
    Once you have your template and start the animation, the camera has to start and end in the same position in your animation.
    DO NOT HAVE YOUR CHARACTER/MOBS LEAVE THE MAP IN YOUR TEMPLATE - THIS IS A BATTLE TOWER, AFTER ALL
    *if you have a particular idea that might conflict with this rule, please DM me for approval.

Guidelines
    Frames Per Second: 24-60 FPS.
    Resolution/Ratio: 720p, 1080p+ A.k.a. 640x360, 1280x720, or 1920x1080.
    Must send us your watermark (If you do not have a watermark, we will add one in post production)
    Time: 20 seconds to 1 minute and 30 seconds - nothing over, nothing less.
    Music is allowed but you will have to submit a part with and without music SFX is required

TENTATIVE DUE-DATE IS SEPTEMBER 14TH - THIS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE

THERE WILL BE MONTHLY CHECK INS - this is to ensure everybody is on the same page and is making progress. All you need to do is provide a WIP at the time of check in - if you do not follow this, you will get a strike; 3 strikes and you will get the yeet. Sozz... Note: You will be able to make additional parts once you have completed your first part - the check-ins will only apply to your first part ^,^

Did I mention that there is no applications or auditions for this collab? All you have to do is hit me up via Discord @Thewindyfan#6535

If you have any questions regarding check ins and what not, feel free to DM me - we understand that everyone has a life, so let's communicate!

**As of 5/20, we have over 50 confirmed animators!!! Join in on the fun!! YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE A MEMBER OF MAPLE RIOT TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS COLLAB!**

I look forward to seeing you there! :]

ALSO HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE SHOUT OUT TO THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE FOR MAKING THIS IDEA A REALITY:
    DALLY THE GOAT
    SWORDGRAYFIRE
    SUNGOD

#1 Thewindyfan, May 21, 2020
    Last edited: May 21, 2020
  2. Jaycie

Jaycie Chop~

Another party! A lucky participant will win a free 3D model (body only) for pose generation (read more here).

To be eligible for the random draw:
    • Join this collab! Finish entries only.
    • Like this post (my post) to show your interest!
    Battle dis tower now!