1. Guest, you may notice that chatbox is not here anymore. Use the Discord chat instead! It’s way more popular these days, Grandpa!
    Dismiss Notice

The Dark Force Comic

Discussion in 'Comics' started by BenthekidRS, Nov 14, 2017.

1. bluezemmi

bluezemmi will comic for food

Bit late

For starters.
    1. Save your comic file as .PNG and not as JPEG. If the comic is saved as .JPEG, then the quality of your comic will drop. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    2. You have text, but no speechbubbles. Some people can make it work without speechbubbles but they have a clear indication who is saying what in their comic. The text in your comic are barely readable. Light colored backgrounds and yellow text do not blend well. Use black text and white speechbubbles to make it readable.
    [​IMG]

3. Your comic looks like a bento box. Everything is packed and close to eachother. Give your panels some spacing and different sizes. Not every panel has to be the same size. Try different sizes and shapes for the panels. As long as it is readable and the story is easy to be followed, it is good enough.

4. You should try different perspectives instead of one point of view. All the action that is going on can be shown in different perspectives. Why not zoom in if Crypto is having a monologue? You made a panel where we see Crypto is sitting at the end of an edge. He is taking 1/3 of the panel, while 2/3 of the panel is taken by the background. Readers should focus on Crypto, not the background.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TLDR: Save as PNG, Add speechbubbles, Panels are too packed and try different perspectives.

If you need any help, feel free to ask me anything.

Seth5443, Shulkle and Tra-La-Tracey like this.
  2. BenthekidRS

BenthekidRS Newbie

I DID save as a .PNG.

Well, I don't want MS Paint to make the speech bubbles for the comic to go over the panels.

Doesn't that mean that I have to use templates for that?

A monologue? Where do I find examples of those?

3. bluezemmi

bluezemmi will comic for food

No you did not. Otherwise the quality would not look so bad as now.
    Even the Deviantart link you gave says your comic is .JPEG format.
    [​IMG]

I use Photoshop to make speechbubbles, but you can also use Paint.net. It is easier for beginners to work on.
    Leave GIMP behind because Paint.net is much better. You should use speech bubbles. Not everyone understands your comic as you do. If you want your comic to be read, make speechbubbles.

[​IMG] Most editing programs have this in the toolbox. If they don't have that, you should make them yourselves with strokes. You do not need templates for panels. The scenes you make should also be made with your own panels. How else are you going to show the scene you want to show to the readers?

http://maplemation.com/threads/the-nice-devil.31128/
    https://image.prntscr.com/image/yzP_Xlk-Qrq9JMrgsIkMow.png
    https://image.prntscr.com/image/kkbF6rxfSEOde8_MSOYgCQ.png

With a simple search in Google, you can find monologues of various comics.

Pizzaman432 likes this.