The Dex Collab Animation

Discussion in 'Animations' started by Trickster511, Nov 9, 2016.

1. Trickster511

Trickster511 Newbie

Hey guys, I'm Dexter

Now before you say anything, this isn't a post for people to join a collab, this is a post to show the finished product of a collab I started outside of this site. I might be posting this in the wrong place if that's the case, but still I'm here to show the result. Now if anybody wants to join this collab in the future, then I'll post in the collab section.

Anyways, to homage of Dexter's Laboratory, here is the collab result made my two guys named Dexter (me and another animator lol)

2. Lynus

Lynus R.I.P Reginald.
    Retired Staff

The quality is really bad in this, what are you using?
    It seems like Flash but your animation is very similar to @Danny McLofi Derps old school WMM in a way.

Just would like to say to find and use a better converter or something.

Blez, DANIELisntREAL and Trickster511 like this.
  3. Trickster511

Trickster511 Newbie

Thanks for the feedback! The other animator JezDex was using an older version of flash but I don't exactly know what converter he used. As for me, I used Adobe Media Encoder

4. VloneWulf

VloneWulf Ca$h Carti

Original idea, yeah aside from the quality nice job.

the way they laughed at the end pleased me

make more.

Trickster511 likes this.
  5. Trickster511

Trickster511 Newbie

Thanks man! If I get more animators to participate, I'll definitely make more

6. Shulkle

Shulkle Remembered as the worst fight animator

https://www.newgrounds.com/wiki/creator-resources/flash-resources/swivel Your best friend for converting. Also I'd suggest making sure the video as a whole has the aspect ratios at 640x360, or something along those lines. (If you do tell the other guy)
    I would also double check on some alignment issues, like drawing a line as a guide layer could probably help.
    Overall, I strangely find this enjoyable. Some basics like skewing, jump arcs, less snappy movements will come to you/improve as you animate more. Congratz on that collab~

Trickster511 likes this.
  7. Trickster511

Trickster511 Newbie

Thanks so much for the feedback! I'll tell the other animator about this too

8. NarwhaI

NarwhaI "The Jedi of The Sea"

The whole animation is squishy and weirdly done,by that i mean these things:
    [​IMG]
    (they are not even standing in the same line)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    and so on..
    You should keep the skewing and resizing with a proportion,you can watch derek's/bakari's tutorials for skewing they are both in the tutorial section,
    also the way you align sprite sequences is weird looking (00:40),derek's tutorials cover that aswell.

I do like the content~ keep trying and improving yourself! good luck[/spoiler]

Trickster511 likes this.
  9. Trickster511

Trickster511 Newbie

Thanks for the feedback! I was trying to convey movement when I skewed, squash and stretched, but I guess I exaggerated too much lol. As for the alignment issue, that was JezDex, but I'll let him know about it

NarwhaI likes this.