1. Guest, you may notice that chatbox is not here anymore. Use the Discord chat instead! It’s way more popular these days, Grandpa!
    Dismiss Notice

The Dream Collab hosted by InvaderCalculator

Discussion in 'Dead Projects' started by Invader_Dray, Sep 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Invader_Dray

Invader_Dray A Guy

This is The Dream collab. This collab is about Dream hopping like that one Spongebob episode! I Invader Calculator get transported into your dreams via MAGIC! Thus annoying or helping you throughout your dreams until you wake up! (The way you wake up is all up too you and your creativity) If you have any questions PM me through Discord or Maplemation.

Requirements:
    About 1 minute or less per animation

Recent anims
    I encourage all types of animators such as AE/Flash/FW
    640 X 360 or 1280 X 720
    Fade in and Fade out
    No copyrighted music

Members:

#1 Invader_Dray, Sep 25, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2016
  2. NobleJuice

Organize dis moar boi

Invader_Dray likes this.
  3. Blez

Blez Silence is the best response to a fool.

Basically he just need to add the requirements.

It's already organized.

4. Hatim

Hatim Ultimate Survivor

..Let me get this straight.

You're making a project about having your character invade our dreams like that one vague episode that some may not recognize, without actually referring to the concept nor giving details about..anything?

I'll save you the trouble and say that this is not going to work out (at least not as it's current state or as a community project). The idea isn't anything worth sticking to (it's also pretty eccentric), and your obscure and short description of things doesn't show much commitment worth partaking.

Personally I think you're not ready to host a collab yet, but if you still want to make it I suggest at least making the OP more informing and organized, otherwise no one would actually bother looking into the project. You should analyze other projects and see how to construct yours, you also might want to read this for reference. http://maplemation.com/threads/read-before-posting-dereks-2cents.15555/

Good luck.

Dan Derps and Blez like this.
  5. Invader_Dray

Invader_Dray A Guy

Added requirements

6. Juan.

Juan. Veteran Membah'

I agree with Hatim, I would also suggest to work with a small team of friends if you want to do this project.

There are certain things you have to do before hosting a collab and motivating the participants to join... what's the story, where's the reference, would there be a common theme (if you ask me, a dream is too open for misinterpretation, unless you set clear themes of course.) what resources should I use, why would I animate certain character, where's his spritesheet, when's it due, how many participants do you need... You might also have problems with the editing if you don't set an standard like say 640 x 360 fps 30 only, because if you work with something thats on 30 fps and the next part is 24, it might desynchronize or skip frames.

I recommend checking out this thread:
    http://maplemation.com/threads/idea-collector-thread.33109/

This thread will help you organize your ideas or if you think it's too much for you, you can leave them there.

Best wishes, dawg.

Dan Derps and Hatim like this.
  7. Invader_Dray

Invader_Dray A Guy

Thanks dawg thinking of making it more clear to everyone

Juan. likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.