the rushed MBR

Discussion in 'Animations' started by MexoKaton/Nova, Nov 17, 2018.

?

which rush was best rush?

Poll closed Nov 18, 2018.
  1. bulbawhat98

71.4%
  2. mexo katon/nova

28.6%
  1. MexoKaton/Nova

MexoKaton/Nova [Yune? Is that a weed?!] "no it's just moss"

me and bulba happened to have a 1 hour and 30 minute MBR the rule was simple: create an animation within the time given

2. BulbaWhat98

BulbaWhat98 Veteran Membah'

I wonder who's gonna win XD

Edit: Neither of us. We shouldn't have made this an actual MBR

#2 BulbaWhat98, Nov 17, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2018
  3. MexoKaton/Nova

MexoKaton/Nova [Yune? Is that a weed?!] "no it's just moss"

i don't have high hopes. but i know the CNC is gonna be all over the place

4. I'm gonna keep it really real with you two for a second.
    MBRs like these are quite literally pointless. They don't help you improve because you barely have any time to get a decent animation started
    and the product of only an hour and a half of work will never be anything short of disappointing at the least, and slightly less than decent at the best.
    If you guys wanted to do a rushed MBR, 24 hours is probably the best time to do.

Also, it would have made for a much better product if you guys made cool animations that looped, but even then an hour and a half really isn't enough time for that.
    Both animations aren't all that, but if I had to pick, I'd pick Bulba's over Mexo because it had sound effects, a background, and a clear ending.

MBRs like these are dumb imo, but you do you.

Soporific, Shulkle and Seth like this.
  5. Seth

Seth Proxy

Can't CnC something that you don't put effort on. It's like a professional artist doing some minecraft-quality drawing and asking for criticism for it. Plus they've already told you this several times, but atleast get the very basics of animation before you start heading into MBRs. You've improved a slight, tiny, diminute bit since the last MBR i've seen from yours, but you could really prove me wrong if you atleast put on the effort to make this a 5 hour MBR or something.

Soporific and Pyroflo like this.
  6. Hunter

Hunter Moderator

Trash MBR, not gonna vote on this one.
    For real, there's nothing good about both of the said part that's made within 2 hours except for mexo's attempt in perspective but there's really nothing eye catching about plain incomplete animations.

Minimum of 24 hours MBR set into the rule or riot.

Shulkle , Pyroflo and Neil like this.
  7. Drew

Drew
    Sprite Team

[​IMG]

Polls can still be done on a non-MBR thread. Just sayin'.

8. Min

Min NO

...lol
    not voting for this

9. BulbaWhat98

BulbaWhat98 Veteran Membah'

I want to say that I’m very sorry for this. Mexo challenged me and I accepted. We knew our MBRs weren’t gonna be good quality, but we tried to do as much as we could. We know now that we shouldn’t have made an MBR thread for this, and we won’t ever do this again. This won’t count as a real MBR, so points won’t count.

Soporific likes this.
  10. Shulkle

Shulkle Remembered as the worst fight animator

[​IMG]
    On a more serious note though, the others already got the point across on what not to do, but I do think that you both could really try to ease your movements. I could tell a lot of what you guys did in the dashes are just tweens of a single bitmap, without any sort of slow stop. Just some food for thought. c:

#10 Shulkle , Nov 17, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2018
  11. Elemental Animations

This part kinda bothers me. If you knew it was going to be bad then why did you do it? I really feel like the MBR was done only to have an MBR done. you guys should look for quality, not quantity. And if you want quality you have to spend time on your works, the point of a video is to be enjoyable to watch.
    As the others said and from personnal experience I can say it is litterally impossible to do something decent in 2 hours. Don't take this too much personally, mistakes happen and you learn from them, you'll do better next time.

About the animations themselves, the only tip I could give is basically what Shulkle said: ease your movements.

DANIELisntREAL likes this.