The (unofficial) Rules to the Suggestion Section.

Discussion in 'Bugs & Feedback' started by Ivan, Mar 20, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ivan

Ivan Retired Staff
    Retired Staff

Recently, there have been some...Less than smart ideas in the suggestions, so I am going to create this 'unofficial rules' of the suggestions section since our current ones seem to not cover a lot of cases. These rules should be followed as a common courtesy to your fellow users and are not going to be enforced (though, I am sure if you do not follow them, your suggestions will be openly mocked and ridiculed)

So let me explain here:

Unofficial Rule 1) If your suggestion is something you want integrated into the site you are shit out of luck because there is a 99.99% chance that your idea can't be implemented. You should realize that there no one here is a magic unicorn fairy that can just throw this in magically. In light of that, if you post something that is along those lines of faerie magic implementation, high chance your idea is already retarded.
    I view myself as the only 'capable' programmer on this site (though Rum, EJ and Clyde are getting better), and I cannot work directly in BBCode and vBulletin software. The only way that .01% CAN get implemented is if EJ can find plugins, so integration ideas should be run by him first, if you feel it is possible.

Exception: MBR. Once I get done with most of my schoolwork, I will continue to work on my MBRoyale project, which means that the sky is the limit since I am not working with vBulletin code. Any integration ideas should be run by me first(via pm), since they will be immediately rejected/retarded if they are in suggestions since this site CANNOT IMPLEMENT IT.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------

Unofficial Rule 2) If your idea can be managed through posts and manual record saving / moderator help, then it CAN be implemented, but you need to post this suggestion with a well thought out plan of execution.

Currently, the suggestion threads are kind of like the "OH I JUST THOUGHT OF THIS WHILE I WAS SLEEPING AND WANT TO SHARE IT WITH THE WORLD" shit, but if you really want your idea implemented, and not just trying to seek attention (in which case you will probably fail miserably by having your thread thrown into retarded) you should write your idea down and figure out the logistics of it.

Someone was like "We should have a money system for every art/comic/whathaveyou you post". This is what I call "Unpolished bullshit", please do not post this unless you have the title as something like "_____ idea, needs improvement", where you are asking for our ideas to help build upon this base idea. If you are posting an actual suggestion, have all the hard-knitty-gritty details grilled out before you post. So, with that example above, you can say:

"Okay, so we have a banking system that mod X says he will manage after I pm'ed him and I have already talked to all the Team Leaders who said they would be willing to rate each work in their section, and I have had these people __ ___ ___ offer their starting services in the 'marketplace' I want set up, etc". This shows that you not only put thought into your idea, it is basically set up and looking for easy-approval.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------
    Unofficial Rule 3) If your thread is angrily/happily related to: Staff, emotes, or teams-- put it in the rage section/jolly good respectively. I accidentally made the mistake/asinine trolling to put a suggestion for team leaders to fuck off and settle down. It has started a small, but noticeable trend of those type of threads to be posted in the suggestions. Don't do it anymore . That shit is more geared towards rage, so move it there appropriately.
    -------------------------------------------------------
    Unofficial Rule 4) Speak English properly. I don't mean to be offensive, because some people on this forum do not have English as their first language, but if you are in this group, please send a pm to a capable English speaker to proofread your idea. The one thing I hate seeing is:
    "MY TO HAS MBR TUESDAY WEEKLY FIGHTS ON WALL SECTION AREA". That hate is amplified per-person viewing that thread. Please save us all time and get a proofreader if you don't think English grammar is your strong point.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Unofficial Rule 5) Don't hijack someone else's thread. I've seen it only once, but if you have an idea off another person, just create your own thread; don't be a dick and hijack the thread you found the idea on.

Anyways, if you follow these simple rules, you can avoid this quote from Server:

2. Panda

Panda Veteran Membah'

Sticky this shit. Now.

3. Jay

Jay
    Donator

Thank you. I was meaning to try and talk to one of the admins about Suggestion rules, it's just getting out of hand...

4. Nicko

Nicko Veteran Membah'

Makes sense to me o - o although i stray from that area lol

5. Dylan

Dylan Retired Staff
    Retired Staff

Moved to Suggestions through Ivan's request.

6. Ivan

Ivan Retired Staff
    Retired Staff

UNOFFICIAL rules. aka: a common courtesy for everyone suggesting, not a hitler regime that will take you out back and shoot you if you don't follow them.

edit- though I am all up for banning morons :rly:

7. Server

Server Retired Staff
    Retired Staff

I'm putting my foot down and approving this

...But wait, then it will get moved to the approved section and people will not see it.

..But if I don't move it, it's not deemed approved.

WHAT DO I DO!?!?!??

[​IMG]

(thread sticked)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.