Thewindyfan (why not I guess)

Discussion in 'Closed Applications' started by Thewindyfan, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Thewindyfan

Thewindyfan I'm too slow for this shit

Tell us your biography. Who are you? How did you become active in this media? Why? When? Who taught you?Just tell us a little about yourself.

Hi, My name is Shaz (short for my full name). Also known as Thewindyfan, or Aspiring Aesthetics. I'm a sprite animator who began to animate sprites back in 2009-2010, but quit after a short period. Then, I made my return back in the summer of 2012 and started to sprite animate again. I primarily learned to animate after following Derek's/Spritefan2's flash tutorials on YouTube, then I joined Still-Framed to further improve my works. Over my time at Still-Framed, I met lots of people who gave me tips and guidance on how to improve my animations, and if it wasn't for them, I probably wouldn't be as good as I am now. I became active again because watching animations has always been a hobby of mine, and I was really inspired to begin animation again after watching more sprite animations from series like Death Battle and what pushed me was just a fairly average, probably below average now, Dragonball AF sprite series by a guy named Blazejecar. I mainly started off animating non-maple sprites but as my time on Still-Framed progress, I began to make maplestory animations and improved greatly from practicing those sprites. I was never truly taught by anyone; I basically learned most of how to animate from either Derek's tutorials, tips from friends I met, or after trial and error from CnC I recieved. Today I still animate on almost a daily basis; I'm mainly just trying to continually improve my style, and dedicate more time to my animations.

Tell us anything we need to know about your future behavior in the team.Why do you want this position? What are your plans to improve the team? How dedicated are you?

I want this position solely because I want to contribute my ideas for projects we can organize, and I aim to revolutionize how people approach sprite animation. Nowadays, many people expect to be fine animators by having people feed them everything they need; this is a problem that isn't diminishing and I want to demonstrate to new animators how they can truly learn to improve and to motivate themselves to do more than just make an average bash animation. Although I lack experience, I feel that I can help organize collaborations that will be worthwhile and fun for everyone and I want to contribute to projects that can put us out there again like this website had been in the past. While I am a student in my last year of High School, I'm able to dedicate and manage my time much better to animate projects. Right now, I'm working on a series and 2 collaborations; one being a finisher part and one being a normal part. I will dedicate myself to sharing as many ideas as I can brainstorm to help the animation team and I will always do my best to help everyone I can.

Convince us with your work. Follow the application rules above.

1. This is one of my main projects that I'm working on the side right now; It lacks sound FX at the moment but it demonstrates most of my capability in terms of raw animating skill.

- http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/81d8a763c3d1f3adc83bc9888efd9df9

2. This is currently a WIP, again lacking sounds but it is the most recent animation I've worked on in the past couple of days. It is a part for the Souperslaya65 Collab. It's also in 24 FPS, which I don't usually work in- I use 30.

- http://www.newgrounds.com/dump/item/e03715bd27543b25352f3390fe81a2ef (this has a little error in it which I haven't fixed yet with the monkey on the character's head.)

3. This is a MBR animation I created back in the summer; it has many faults near the end in my opinion, but it's a work I put more than a month into, so..
    http://youtu.be/fj1J3LvNEzY

Do you have anything else to add?

Honestly, there's so many other amazing animators on this forum that I feel like I probably can't hold a candle to yet. But, I believe I am capable of so much more aside from my current animations. Thank you for considering my application.

View full application

2. NΣRO

NΣRO Guest

First Sta.sh doesnt exist

3. Thewindyfan

Thanks for letting me know!

Links are fixed.

4. Sekka*

Sekka* The Snake
    Retired Staff

(Not sure if the community is allowed to give comments or not, so if I was not supposed to comment here please delete this)

Before I say anything, I would just like to point out that I am not the best animator nor' do I claim to be, I just wanted to post my opinion about your application. Now, the first thing I would like to say is that you are an extremely active member of the forum, which to me is a huge part of joining a team. You also seem to be rather ambitious in wanting to help out with ideas about projects and after watching through some of your animations (not ones in this application), your improvements seem quite rapid. My main issue is the fact that the two animations you have presented here are both works in progress, which isn't really something I find "Animation Team application" worthy (not trying to be rude, just my opinion). I feel like if you waited a bit longer and posted this application with these two animations finished or even just took two of your previously finished animations instead of two work in progresses that this application would have a lot more appeal considering your activity on the forum, knowledge of animation and overall animation skill. But, since this is what you decided to go with, I am going to have to say that personally I don't feel like the content in this application fit the role of an animation team member.

5. Thewindyfan

I greatly respect your opinion, as I know my current projects not being completed aren't really great indicators. But they are only functioning as standbys; I plan to replace a couple of these samples once I finish some of them, or if I finish something else I feel is worthy to show, since these applications are open permanently. Thank you for your insight, because I honestly don't really think I compare to many others but I felt it was worth the shot anyway.

It's much better to show my current skill than to show something I finished but at the same time not reflect the way I am now, in my opinion.

EDIT: I want to close this app, I'm going to end up too caught up with my own projects to commit to the AT.

Sekka* likes this.