This is directed towards you.

Discussion in 'Life Experiences' started by skies , Mar 4, 2011.

1. skies

skies Retired Staff
    Retired Staff

Okay first thing is first, this isn't a rage. It's more of a soapbox moment/whatever. I just want to hit on some key points that have been happening around the forum lately. Shall we start?
    Let us begin with number one~

1. Animations.
    Yeah as general as it sounds, I am actually very tired of seeing the same thing. It's not the animation I am tired of watching, but the style. I see the same exact style amongst new members and it gets highly annoying. This is why I don't tutor anyone except for two individuals. I don't want to see 1000 lil xassissians' roaming around the forum. I am just saying if you guys could develop your own style it would be great.

Another note from this, please stop posting "Too short to CNC" It's obviously long enough for a person to get some type of cnc if they decided to post it. Top that if they're a fireworks animator it's bound to be short. Due to the fact making a min+ animation in FW is timing consuming like hell. So if you see a short animation and believe it's too short to cnc, then don't post anything at all.

2. Rage Threads/ Points off-topic threads.
    Is it just me or did someone just spew vag blood over this section recently. I mean half of the threads are just "what" or plain retarded. Occasionally we get those good rage threads but overall they're just plain stupid. If it's a rage over a lost penny then don't bother posting it. It's just going to make the forum flame you, which results in more vag blood. I am pretty sure EJ, Chris, Flam, etc, is sick of getting tampons to calm down this section.

3. Posting
    Think before you post. Enough said.

4. Maturity
    We all act immature here and there at times. I know, I do it too. I am not asking of you to be mature strict young adults 24/7. Just don't be all like asdfsadfsdafasd DOHOHOHOHO in the chat box, or just bring un-necessary drama to the forum. What happens somewhere else, stays somewhere else.

5. Staff/Teamleaders
    Yeah this is directed to you guys. I feel lately we kind of been too lineate to some of the newer members. I know harligeh wants us not to just dole infarctions too much, but just replace them with warnings. Then there are times where a newer member does something so stupid, that I feel that they deserve an infraction. I am getting sick of these "one word post -inb4warn-" it's like they see it as a joke. There is no reason for them to see a warn as a joke. This only encourages newer members to go about and act the same way. I say we should compromise a more efficient way of giving out infractions.

2. Sai

Sai Retired Staff
    Retired Staff

For the staff/team leaders message, I have seen a lot of spamming and a lot of members have gotten away with it in other sections. Though we all have different views on what is spam exactly, a lot of members that are mindlessly posting and not really contributing at all just to reach 100 posts could have been banned a long time ago. It's rare that people like these ever stay long and become loyal members anyways.

3. Mistah Chink

Donator

Yeah, I mean I'd rage etc at FW animators being bad but heck, look at me I can't finish shit on FW :trololo:

But in all seriousness don't post just so you get +1 e penis growth. Post because you want to give something to the community that ain't trollish and sheepish.

4. TahGamer

TahGamer Veteran Membah'

Finally, SOMEONE sums up the same exact retarded style everyone is developing, that's why I don't CnC any animations much, because a lot of them are just, flashy pieces of recycled shit.

5. Tate

Tate Admin Tate
    Founder

I'm actually sick of people thinking every post in a section HAS to be CnC. My inbox is full of reports from people simply posting their thoughts on a work, just because it's not CnC. I think I'm going to loosen the rules soon.

6. skies

skies Retired Staff
    Retired Staff

Wouldn't that just make them post nonsense even more?

7. Loofan

Loofan ×Yellow×
    Donator

Maybe, But in all honnesty. All I've seen is CnC on work ever since I've joined. Not anyone commenting on the style. Feels like because of all of the same repetitive CnC is the reason WHY theres all of these same styles.

EDiT: Yes, Im new and all aswell. Just thought I'd put my 2 cents in.

8. skies

skies Retired Staff
    Retired Staff

Actually I believe it's the fact people watch and try to mimic other's animation. Cnc is just a tool to improve one's style or fix mistakes.

As for you're edit. I am glad to have your two sense. It helps me understand new members point of view .D.

9. im new as well and quite honestly i feel that most of us newbies do just post around the thread, i wouldn't say new active members are completely rare, i joined maybe 3 months ago and im still holding on strong and i haven posted a single animation. i found a writing passion here so i indulged in it. bottom line i agree to a certain degree, but if someone has the patience to develop on the forum without doing something stupid i say let it be.

10. Hurious

Hurious At least im honest~
    Donator

Sai should be the leader of all sections for a week, and let's see how many infractions he whips out.

11. Scott

Scott Veteran Membah'

tl;dr- This forum is turning into a dictatorship.

This is coming from someone who has a completely opposite view on an evolved community, So bear with me

I see your point, but it's not really something to be mad about. Animators need to develop their skills and people starting out need a style to latch on to before creating their own. Obviously some people will latch on to such style for a while and won't improve, but that's their problem, and not something to be raging about. Just simply imply on the thread that they should try to develop their own style if they wish to improve.
    I think of this as Cartooning. You can't know nothing about drawing and start making your own style and comic. You need to do some copies, references and resources to help you BEFORE you can do such.

okay I do agree with you here. I do believe people shouldn't post if it is completely demeaning and rude.

I really dont see your argument in this. People like to let off steam right? Well
    THIS IS THE RAGE THREAD
    Who honestly gives a crap if anyone rages about something stupid. These rage threads aren't for others' entertainment. the way you worded your statement makes me think you get pleasure out of seeing people's misfortune, and you don't get enough pleasure out of bad threads. Again, people need to let off steam and this forum gave them an opportunity to. Nit picking what people vent about is very controlling and resembles a small form of dictatorship

I don't approve of your appeal to change the personality of members. Yes I will go and say that Limiting yourself from posting rude and demeaning comments to other members for the sake of lowering conflict. But the stuff you exampled is completely harmless and all it does is slightly annoy a few people. If those people want to rage at them, it's their anger they have to control, not the natural personality of new members. This reminds me of middle school where kids try to fit in with the popular crowd and get excluded just because they're a bit eccentric.

WHO CARES if they do something stupid? Did they purposely cause conflict? NO. Did they insult another member or staff? NO. People have different personalities and just people you facepalm when reading a post DOES NOT mean you have the right to infract them! This is like saying to the community "We only want ___ types of good people here and no one else!" These people say the -inb4warn- because of their insecurity's of being warned but still getting their point across. If rules were more lienient they wouldn't worry about this.

All in all, it feels like you want ALL new members out of this site because you basically raged about every possible way a new animator can adjust here.

Okay im done.

12. Ivan

Ivan Retired Staff
    Retired Staff

Problem is, this forum is a joke. Here is what I see:

Staff have to get large poles inserted into one of their orifices as an initiation process. (*Insert Jaws joke here*)

Any member attempting a project(or mbr) must take anti-riddelin pills before signing up so that they can work hard on the project for .3 seconds before being distracted by that beautiful butterfly outside.

Any person before signing up to maplemation usually has to go through some severe head trauma and list it in their registration, and only the ones who are mentally incapable of making decisions for themselves or have major problems relating to others can sign up.

That is how I view this forum 90% of the time, minus a few people on skype :rly:

edit- At Scott, BECOMING?

They have already come out and said they are a dictatorship .

The fact is though, no one gives a shit because the negatives of a dictatorship is the fact that they would have power over our lives and make us do shit while this forum has no such hold, giving us only the benefits of dictatorships.

13. skies

skies Retired Staff
    Retired Staff

If so, then why are you still here? Last time I checked Maplemation had nothing to do with totalitarianism.

Yes of course I know animators need to start out somewhere, that is an obvious duh. I am not saying they should develope a style of their own right away. Most animators who are given a style stick to that style.
    That is a simple reason why I stated for new animators to try to develop their own style.

It's called harsh Cnc. If you don't like it then deal with it.

Maybe if you took a look around the rage section, then you would get the gist of what was happening. There was an incident of one member homosexually advancing towards another member. Stupid things like this doesn't really need a thread about it. I believe the forum itself gives a flying fuck if a rage is stupid. Example, Celan rage threads. I don't see this assumption of me attaining pleasure from other's misfortune. I just want to see less retarded rage threads so people can focus on the more important ones and comfort those who actually need it.

This was one of those get the gist of it type of things. I was inferring if one saw a decent chat taking place in the chat box, don't spam fuck it with retardedness. I witnessed it several times. If someone wants to rage at them then do it in a private message or somewhere other than the forum. No one wants to see a fight over.

The staff cares, if we allow one member to break the rules then it gives the idea to others that they can do the same thing and get away with it. I am assuming you didn't catch on to these contextual sentences. When a member does something so stupid, I was referring to an obvious breaking of the rules. Such as a triple post, one word spam, etc. They deserve an infraction. lately I been giving out warning for retarded actions such like those previously stated.

Dude what.

My synopsis overall about what you said.
    1. I feel as you haven't been active enough to see what I said has been taking place
    2. I am surprise that you're probably one of the first people I met who doesn't understand my contextual meanings behind each sentence or two.
    3. Totalitarianism... On the internet... I lold.

Edit:
    FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF- IVAND' :baaw:

14. Ivan

Ivan Retired Staff
    Retired Staff

Sorry bro, but if the community wants something and the staff do not; the staff always win. That is not a democracy ^.^

My other statement still stands though, in which even if all forums are pseudo-dictatorships, they have to appease their people to a certain degree or no one is going to be on the forum.

15. forums have governments now?

16. Hyaui

Hyaui Veteran Membah'

And I dont like how people create a sprite/art work that says specificly to "CnC" but after words and the thread has died down and the owner of it would check to see what the reviews are on it they dont update their portrait at all.

17. butterdtiger

butterdtiger Veteran Membah'

All i need to agree with is CnC (not that the others are wrong i just want to concentrate) I posted a few stuff here and there, i got some good CnC yet some crap. and i think that a number of the CnC are good, but there are just some pieces of crap repeated over and over. And i am willing to bet some people are getting the same treatment, some of the admins or mods or high ranks will ask me to *deal with it* but sometimes its just really.......

thats all (for now i guess)
    and this is not directed to offend the high rankers