This is urgent! #NetNeutrality

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by TJ Entertainment, Dec 12, 2017.

1. TJ Entertainment

TJ Entertainment SFM Animator & maplemation fan

[This might be important for you U.S. people who use the internet for their life. Idk, but this is urgent]

The FCC (Federal Communications Commission) is about to kill net neutrality in two days. Letting ISPs (Internet service providers) control what we see and do online with extra fees, throttling. And WORSE. Censorship!

I'm trying to let you know that there's a website for it where you can join the (Currently going on right now) protest to defend net neutrality with different ideas!

https://www.battleforthenet.com/breaktheinternet/

2. Kajiya

Kajiya The Forge God

NY representative Maloney issued the "Save Net Neutrality Act" bill which caused the FCC to be forced to consider and redo their whole comment process again and are currently under investigation for commenting fraud and forging opinions in their favor under different aliases and names

in short Net Neutrality seems like its going to win because Reps and Senators are calling out the Pai's bullshit

3. Shulkle

Shulkle Remembered as the worst fight animator

I remember seeing this a while back, and I think been talked about a lot. Heck, I think about half a year ago this was an issue. I’m surprised this Netneutrality is still going on, but hey, at this rate, it should be resolved sooner or later.

4. Drew

Drew
    Sprite Team

But now that begs the question

If Net Neutrality wins this time... how do we prevent the FCC from just trying this again?

5. Kajiya

Kajiya The Forge God

Wish we could just tell them to stop trying

I'm sure this bill will discourage them as they will be required by law to view all commentary and like...99% is like for net neutrality so...

Maybe. Just maybe they'll learn this time

Drew likes this.