Unfinished/WIP - Immitate

Discussion in 'Animations' started by Reileky, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Reileky

Reileky does draw more than animating unless shitposting

I'm sorry for the title of this video lol

What happens when you rush out maple animation as a newbie rip

Anyways CnC is appreciated, there are some things I'm still unsure like the vcam, pacing and sounds

Noz, Flicker Fall, jose117 and 3 others like this.
  2. Aranimation

Aranimation TrueHorizonBestHorizon

Sorry to say that if it's unfinished or still a work in progress, you may want to post it in the dumpster/test thread.

Regardless, I think that this was enjoyable to watch thus far. I like how you've lead up to the encounter and then syncing your actions with the music that you've chosen. It may just be me but I think the sound of the video is pretty low, but that's not too important as it's an easy fix if that's the case.

Something minor that you can do to add more detail to your animation is making sure that the weapon is placed within the character's hand.
    To do that, you can open up BannedStory and recreate your character. Then to acquire the arm for a specific pose, just set your character to that pose, go to the taskbar and under "Layers", select "Explode Layer" and this will give you the individual pieces that make up your character in that particular pose.
    Then you save the arm, import to flash and place it over your character's pose with your weapon under it.

Lastly, I think you could use a different pose to portray how your character holds the weapon in this way.
    [​IMG]

Good work so far and hope to see the rest of this soon!

3. Shulkle

Shulkle Remembered as the worst fight animator

I am you and you're me.

Anyways, not much else to say that Aran hadn't mentioned. Just a small nitpick I have,
    which probably isn't much. You might want to capitalize the first letter of each portion of dialogue, just to keep the consistency of how the dialogue looks. Nothing wrong with making a fight animation as a noob. In the end, you'll probably improve.

Kat likes this.
  4. Reileky

Reileky does draw more than animating unless shitposting

I'll keep in mind if I ever ended up uploading an unfinished videos

I'm glad that you find this enjoyable to watch! and yeah, I'm actually really into syncing with the music lol,
    as for the sounds, I thought it was too loud at first so I lowered it down, but I'll try to balance it out a bit

And I didn't knew you could do that in bannedstory, thanks!
    and as for the pose, yeah I agree with that

The lowercase texts is mostly a habit of mine so yeah, I'll try to be consistent next time

Aranimation likes this.
  5. xxvictorsoraxx

I actually died when she said "No!" And it fucking left. I don't know why I found that so funny.
    Good animation tho! Sad to see you didn't add more when it just started getting better =[