Various Errors

Discussion in 'Answered Feedback' started by DDFawfulGuy, Jul 21, 2015.

1. DDFawfulGuy

DDFawfulGuy Newbie

So lately I've been experienced various errors and problems while browsing Maplemation.
    Most of the time simply trying to get a page on the forum or using the search bar it will take much longer than normal to load and then usually either somehow returns me to the homepage instead of the intended one, to an error message or just a completely blank, white page.
    Also, when I try to use the Chatbox it may take a long time for my message to load, or might not load at all.
    I'm not sure what's causing this issues but as it happens so frequently it's really hindering the use of this site for me.
    Lastly, I'm sure I was classed as a member with a white name not long ago but for some reason that's gone now.
    I understand that my profile says I only have 53 or so messages but that doesn't explain why I had it before why it's gone now. Oh, and I'd like to take this chance to ask if there's any difference between being a newbie and a member or than the class title itself and the white name. Thanks!

2. Aidan

Aidan
    Retired Staff

The difference between the two is members (white name) have access to resources.

Why you had it before? I don't know but it's updated to what you should have.

3. DDFawfulGuy

DDFawfulGuy Newbie

Ah. Well any idea what's causing these errors?

4. Aidan

Aidan
    Retired Staff

Nope. Maplemation loads fine on my end.

5. DDFawfulGuy

DDFawfulGuy Newbie

Well it'd be nice if the Admin of the site at least tried to help me with my problem.
    This has been going for a a few months and perhaps around the same time that I was suddenly demoted to Newbie too.
    It happens not only on this laptop but on another computer in this house too, but to a lower extent. It doesn't happen as often.
    You really don't have any advice or ideas?

6. Aidan

Aidan
    Retired Staff

I don't have a button that can just magically fix everything. Maplemation is fine.

You weren't "demoted", you were probably just set as member because of a bug. And when the cache updated it set you as the state you should be in based on your post count.

As far your other problem, I really can't help you with that. Nobody else has made any mention of such an issue.

7. Hunter

Hunter Member of the Month not LUL

When we migrated to the new database, I post some of my post as well.
    I only noticed because I had 2k post range before. I didn't complain too much about it but I was wondering about that as well.

8. Aidan

Aidan
    Retired Staff

If you have a screenshot of then, I can restore it. But otherwise, there's nothing I can do about it.