1. Before participating in Maplemation Battle Royale, make sure you are familiar with the system. Happy battling!
  2. Guest, you may notice that chatbox is not here anymore. Use the Discord chat instead! It’s way more popular these days, Grandpa!
    Dismiss Notice

VegitoVSBluezemmi

Discussion in 'Comic Arena' started by bluezemmi, Jul 20, 2014.

?

Vote

1. bluezemmi

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Vegito

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trowicia

Trowicia Querulous Quidnunc
    Retired Staff

Poll has been added.

2. Toukans

Toukans ╭∩╮ <(°)
    Retired Staff

Poll properly re-added.
    :picknose:

Lynus likes this.
  3. Risky

Risky Newbie

Wow, the first comic MBR in years.
    Hopefully this helps revive the comic section.
    Great pages, pretty close call imo.

Lynus and CCshinobi like this.
  4. Vegito

Vegito Newbie

Two very different styles & approaches to a fight.
    This was really fun to do

5. Thatch

Thatch The Cheese Master

WUUUT Comic MBR's are AWESOME!!!! Can't wait to see more of you!!! I liked Vegito's one more I think cuz.... I dunno I thought it looked a bit better and I thought it was more fun to read. Great job you both!!! I would love to see more of you C:

Vote goes to: Vegito

CCshinobi likes this.
  6. Thewindyfan

Thewindyfan I'm too slow for this shit

YUS THIS IS WHAT I WANT TO SEE MORE OF! Better than us trying to replicate cool things in animation form when it can be just as badass as a comic!

BLUEZEMMI. I fudgin' love your detailed graphics. First thing that I pointed out kind of weird first was for that beginning page you have blue use that one pose for a blast where it still looks like he's charging up something, so yeah a different swing pose would of worked slightly better. Not going to comment on the way the dialogue was presented bc I don't know shit about how comics are supposed to be properly presented so yeh lol. But seriously I absolutely love how this fight went, LOL'd at the new move reveal! For only 5 pages, I say that was a fun read. Good job dude!

VEGITOOOO
    The amount of detail in this is just as incredible! I especially loved how you did that white grass texture, and basically all of the effects made me jizz. Not really much to critique from my standpoint but a 5th page to better wrap the fight up would of been nice.

This is a hard one to vote for, but I'll be voting Bluezemmi bc his mbr felt more complete and entertaining to read overall.

We definitely need more of these, I would love to learn how to do these comics!

Dally , Risky, Vegito and 1 other person like this.
  7. CCshinobi

CCshinobi Director, Actor, Forum Moderator

In terms of characters with good looks, Vegito's Blue Diamond's swag is off the charts :3 (no homo)

Bluezemmi, as mentioned above, your graphics are amazingly explicit and vivacious. I especially like the emotionality of your characters' facial expressions and your creative balance of action sequencing. It definitely did not feel like a one-sided fight. The ending for some reason reminds me of an anime like Naruto or Bleach, cause WE KNOW THE MAIN CHARACTER ALWAYS FREAKIN WINS A TOUGH FIGHT AND COLLAPSES IN THE PROCESS AT SOME POINT XD

Vegito
    YOUR CHARACTER BLUE DIAMOND AS I'VE SAID BEFORE HAS SO MUCH SWAG XD That aside, your visuals and creative aura of effects are fantastic. Very theatrical and dramatic too from a coloring and background atmosphere. I just got out of an art museum the other day and suddenly reading those last few pages made me think "baroque" - exhilarating, strong emotions, and illustrated mostly in-action XD (even though this is like my first art class ever. I hope I'm using that term correctly D:)

I believe this if the first time I've seen a comic MBR. I found myself surprisingly very entertained. Both of you have distinctly compelling styles that deserve so much recognition in effort and artistic manners. Awesome match guys! Good luck to both of you :D

KitKatxz, Risky, Vegito and 1 other person like this.
  8. Hunter

Hunter Member of the Month not LUL

Dohohoh. It's pretty good but not good enough, kinda feels a bit plain-ish for me.

I'll come back with plenty of CnC like how Elegance would do in the past. :]

9. Dally

Dally Watcher of the Land

All them cliches doh.

Vegito and Thewindyfan like this.
  10. warlen32

warlen32 Howl like a wolf

My Vote goes to Vegi. I love his effects as well as his eye tricks

11. Lynus

Lynus R.I.P Reginald.
    Retired Staff

Great job Zemmi !
    Great one spicing it up and mixin it up with the comic MBR !
    Have fun with the points.

CCshinobi likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.