[w.i.p] Finally got something started...

Discussion in 'Animations' started by puush, Oct 7, 2016.

1. puush

puush Newbie

2. Shulkle

Shulkle Remembered as the worst fight animator

Ohey this kinda reminds me of what Ethan had. As it is now, I don't think there's much to say. Only real nitpick is blink_0 on your char, but y'know what you gave others expressions and I think that's fine.

3. Fat_Dude

Fat_Dude Jett.

What FPS did you use? something about this seems like its low.

4. puush

puush Newbie

24 fps
    maybe ill do that when ill be done with the main combat but thx for the comment!

5. SuperKimxD

SuperKimxD Space Case
    Retired Staff

I like it! :D But I can't really tell what's going on here, when the character is upside-down. Screenshots are in no particular order, I just included multiple to clarify what I'm talking about.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Yegor141

Yegor141 Praise the booty
    Donator

The ol' school style [​IMG]

7. Lynus

Lynus R.I.P Reginald.
    Retired Staff

I mean, the entirety of animation style has changed now, as much as it is kinda refreshing to see something different in the older sense, it doesn't really fit the standards of animations now in a way. I think you may have misplaced the main character at places, not exploiting what you can do with resizing and skewing to make actions more fluent and sometimes movements just felt awkward and slow at times, specifically when you throw the secnd guy on the ground and the blurring that kinda is ironic cause its meant to be fast, but it was slow?

I mean, it's kinda solid but at the same time it's not. I dunno.
    Welcome back though!

8. CCshinobi

CCshinobi Filmmaker, Animator

24 fps is best fps + movie standard. Don't let any gamer or new gen animator tell you otherwise <3

This is pretty good, though I think I can agree with Lynus that the pacing is a bit strange at some parts.
    When your OC does a flip on the 3rd guy for instance, I can't tell if he's kicking him in the face while jumping by, or teleporting behind him. The motion blur becomes a bit too excessive at this point and defeats the purpose of emphasizing speed or impact when the guy barely moves on the X axis.
    Also, it's a bit more natural for the character to build up body movement before performing such a flip. You don't need to do it, but if you want a more gritty, realistic vibe to the animation, it always helps to think about real-time physics.

Keep up the good stuff tho. Hope this helps!

9. Big_Hands

Big_Hands Veteran Membah'

You haven't lost your touch, nice work. The motion blur on the spin kick looked unnecessary, but that's probably just me.