In MBR FIGHTER...(Poll-Post)

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Zack, Sep 28, 2018.

?

Should we add characters to the game based on their...

1. Relevance

14.0%
  2. Legacy/Nostalgia

18.6%
  3. Popularity

2.3%
  4. A mixture of the 3.

65.1%
  1. Zack

Zack XxZackAttack27xX

Who do you think should be in the launch roster?

In all honesty I have a difficult time deciding who to pick from what because bias. I've either hung out with folks, or I have my own head-cannon in a way that makes me think: "PSSSHHH OF THEY MOST CERTAINLY NEED TO BE IN HERE FIRST."
    I've been helping out with the MBR FIGHTER game as of recent(ish.) And every time I think of the game, I over-think that one simple question. I wrote down about every single memorable person that's been a part of MapleMation since 2010/2011, and i'm stumped. I tried handpicking characters myself, but I felt due to bias(and the fact I hand out with some of them borderline daily) I wasn't making fair choices.

I want a community opinion of who should be in a game that represents said community.

So there's three mindsets I have for who should be in the games launch. Relevance, Legacy/Nostalgia, or Popularity.

Relevance - People that are active members of the community in RECENT.
    Ex: Shulkle, ScarfKanye, Blez, Neil, etc.
    Legacy/Nostalgia - People who have significance within THE ENTIRETY of MapleMation's existence.
    Ex: Tate, Dray86, Deity, Makani, Gregio, Jester, etc.
    Popularity - "Celebrities" of the community. People everyone first thinks of when they think "MapleMation."
    Example for me, I always think Mali, CrazyChrisTyler, and Jackbowser.

So... Here we are, and here's my question to you.

Should we do the following 3 options:
    A. Launch Roster of relevant members of the community.
    B. Launch Roster of members with a Legacy.
    C. Launch Roster of extremely popular members.
    D. We do a mix of all 3, and have another vote for ""TOP 10 SUPER COOL MAPLE CHARACTERS"" Who get into the launch roster.

If you have any other ideas on what we should do, let me know~! I really want this game to properly show-case the community with a fair variety of characters.

2. Kayas

Kayas The Indolent
    Animation Leader

relevance might be cool for launch but I would like to see like a legacy expansion pack dlc - that'd be super neat imo

like imagine Mushroom DLC: where you get the twisted mushroom, swiftclaw, jaws, mali, jun3 and other dudes who were known for that trilogy with like an interface update according to it. just spitting ideas

Zack likes this.
  3. [神] ScarfKanye

With the major variety of characters and people in this community, I'd best to say all 3. With a extension on another vote, people from the team or yourself could choose two people to represent small groups that reside within MM. For instance, and might not wanna take it literally i dunno maybe, as a represenative of a certain upcoming group of new gen animators: Me and Banims or Armondew9000 and Untitled Omega. Or from different factions too.
    But it still leads up to what people will vote to think of what they want in this game.

Zack likes this.
  4. DJTiki

DJTiki Yes

If I were to give you my honest opinion, for something that is explicity labeled as a "Launch Roster", the popular ones that helped the community grow should have presidence. After all, if this game is supposed to reflect the Maplemation community, the roster / Original Characters / etc. are like the Number 1 thing. The unique powersets and individuality I feel is what drives this site.

That being said, for future additions, if you guys aren't planning on making this a Smash Ultimate-sized cast... keep it blended with those who are making an impact today because the ones who since left the community probably wouldn't care either way.

Zack likes this.
  5. Virgil

Virgil Nash Prime

This really bout to be a thing?

Zack likes this.
  6. Zack

Zack XxZackAttack27xX

[​IMG]

Pyroflo likes this.
  7. 1mickey1nico

1mickey1nico Gnomite Warrior

Funny thing ever since I first joined Maplemation, I had the same idea of making a fighting game, or at least brainstorming one, that would include either some or a quarter of the existing members. I’m glad that someone is making it happen while I was polishing my button mashing skills.

At any case you guys should already know that every idea has to start small. In that case making 4 characters and at least one stage is a start so that they can be tested. If everything goes according to plan and there’s no signs of any bugs and glitches, then you can continue and keep a close eye on any sudden changes on the coding. That’s my tip for the team that is currently making this game and good luck with the final product.

8. Kokorz

Kokorz Kokorz

Make everything dlc. That's what EA does.

Kidding, all 3 and maybe give some outlook on how to mod the game to add additional characters/stages, in case people want to add their own to their copy of the game.

9. Seth

Seth Proxy

In my honest opinion, we should focus first on ''Revelance'' and ''Nostalgia''. This game is meant to be for us, Maplemation, so the characters people would want the most would be the currently most revelant ones, such as Shulkle, Avalancro (Frosty), Aquila, Tracey, etc. Players will feel a bit more welcome when they see these characters of people they know. As for Nostalgia, i think it's a good idea to bring the biggest figures such as Derek and all, after all, they're kinda like the idols of MM. I don't think we should really focus on people for their ''Popularity'' as it does not mean that people want to see popular characters in the game. People like jackbowser, mali, etc, yes, as they're also part of nostalgia and even up to this day they're still revelant. Basically, focus less on popularity, think of what the players of this community would feel as it would welcome them the most, adding figures they know and like.

10. I agree with Seth despite picking all 3. Relevance and nostalgia are important in order to make the game wow the people that play it.
    Use big names in the maple community because there are most definitely some people who are relevant because they post a lot and their name is floating around but they aren't
    necessarily universally loved by the people who watch collabs, MBRs, etc. And there are some people who are somewhat known but have completely fallen off and have been forgotten. Even though those people at one point meant something, they're no longer talked about as much and I feel like adding them would be more like 'oh.. this person is playable? nice.' than 'YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO---!!!' if you're picking up what i'm putting down.

I think it's great that you guys are doing this and it makes me wish that my irrelevant ass didn't become irrelevant. But then again, I was never truly relevant to begin with.. oh well!
    It's good to see that you guys are moving beyond animation and expanding your horizons and all that jazz. Godspeed.

Soporific and Zack like this.