Kayas' Flash Animation Team Application

Discussion in 'Closed Applications' started by Kayas , Jun 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kayas

Kayas The Indolent
    Animation Leader

Been on and off with applying but I got the balls to do it now. I feel like I met all the guidelines now.

2. Why do you want this position?
    The animation side of this forum has been dwindling, and with the surge of Maple animations (both solo and collaborations) I'm going to output this Summer, I figured now would be a good time to get a position to which I can encourage others to do the same. Hopefully, we can get something going with the productivity on the forums. Also, the current flash animation team is dead lol.

3. What makes you worthy to be in this position?
    I think I have the skills that merit me on the Animation Team personally and I'm one for encouraging productivity both in my circles and through my works. Also, I'm still fresh to Maple animation and I'm only motivated to do more. With this position, I'll have a voice and authority to share those works and hopefully achieve my goal. I reckon I provide insightful and detailed constructive criticism so I definitely can distinguish what makes an animation fundamentally sound or not.

4. What are your goals in this team?
    I've dabbled on this in both of the previous questions. I want to use my position as an Animation Team member to further encourage productivity by posting my own works and collaborations to motivate others as well as hosting a select few activities or collaborative projects of my own. Hopefully the title of "animation team" will interest animators that would normally shrug it aside if I was just a regular member.

5. Do you have anything else to add?
    No.

2. Taki

Taki Delete me
    Retired Staff

Accepted into sprite team

Kat, Kayas , Min and 4 others like this.
  3. Niv

Niv Newbie

The first video alone was more than enough to prove your qualification, your knowledge of gritty cinematic action is unmatched and your work output is equally impressive. Bring us to the promised land of animation, Kayas!

Shulkle and Kayas like this.
  4. Hatim

Hatim Love Emperor

go get 'em tiger.
    [​IMG]

Shulkle and Kayas like this.
  5. Shulkle

Shulkle Remembered as the worst fight animator

Hi there! First off, I'm glad that you have decided to apply for the Animation Team! I've known you for quite a while personally, and I'd say you're a pretty cool guy all around. Anyways, I'm going to mimic the same way I was judged by Bryant, and add a few other things, yeah?

Basics:
    Your animations, Maple and not Maple, always had some pretty fluid raw movements and everything the character is depicted very well. Nothing looks too choppy or left me in confusion on where each character was. This is a definite pass.

Advanced / Cinematics:
    I'd say it's pretty obvious considering how amazing your first Maple animation is. Your camera work is also pretty immersive, constantly moving and making sure the viewer doesn't get bored looking at a panning shot. Your transitions from 2d to 2.5d in the middle of your animations are seamless, without breaking the flow or feeling forced. Your animation style is incredibly unique, that I doubt anyone can mimic without literally copying each and every frame. This is also a definite pass.

Animation Team Application Replies:
    This is the perfect mentality to have when it comes to applying to the Animation Team. As a matter of fact, this kind of thing is what I really wanted to get others to do: motivate others into doing the same. I agree that the current Flash Animation team is dead, that's why we should start taking a step into making this Animation Team less dead.

You definitely have the skills to do so, and I've witnessed your attempts into giving others constructive critique. Being part of the Animation Team should definitely help you out when it comes to having a sort of authority in your voice. (I hope). You're definitely worthy of this position.

I remember this. You were asking me in DMs about it too, and struggling with it too, and I'd say this is a good answer. I really do like the goals that you're trying to set here. The idea when it comes to being in the Animation Team is to motivate others into being the best they possibly can. By setting a goal or role model for them, normally, they'd strive to be just as good, if not, better. You're definitely capable of doing so with your proactive mentality and your animation skills.

So, I'd say it's pretty clear that you made it in the Animation Team, or well, in my books anyways. I'm very certain others will also agree that you belong in there, considering what the others have said. Congratulations! Welcome to the Team!

Niv, NobleJuice, Miles and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.