mbrq : oc npc

Discussion in 'Archived MBRQs' started by Chariot , Mar 7, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chariot

Chariot Power Overwhelming

MBRQ: OC NPC
    Objective: Turn your oc into a maple styled NPC, bonus points if you give them an idle animation (Not really).

oc: [​IMG]
    npc:[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

My MBR Profile: http://maplemation.com/threads/chariots-sprite-mbr-profile.36120/#post-340883
    Notes: been meaning to design the character under the helm since i made the og set. hair is the worst thing to sprite but i tried it. character creation is actually fun tho i've liked slowly making more concepts and shit for her.

quentin galloway likes this.
  2. Rhys

Rhys (Not) Very Nice

Maplestory styled NPCs can vary in size and anatomical features. I have two examples of what is acceptable as a Maplestory NPC.
    The first example demonstrates a larger size than the sprite base provides for a spritesheet but with consistent Maplestory shading. The second example demonstrates a similar size and consistent Maplestory shading. The differences in these examples versus a sprite a person can create in Maples.im is how custom it can be.
    [​IMG]

Your entry does not have the Maplestory shading or similar style that allows it to fit as a Maplestory NPC. It is a good idea to study what kind of NPCs Maplestory has and pick out the details and features that makes it a NPC.
    For me, your entry does not pass the objective.

3. Dally

Dally Watcher of the Land
    Retired Staff

As Rys said, the proportions to this sprite don't seem to fit the large-headed chibi style MapleStory is widely known for, along with the shading being a little too simplistic, the scarf in particular. There should also be a bit of bulge when your OC's hand go into your leg pocket. I do like the shading on the arms and head though.

Unfortunately, this
    doesn't pass for me, I hope you improve from this! (Y)

Chariot likes this.
  4. Hunter

Hunter Moderator

The proportion isn't correct along with what Rhys and Dally said, and the fact both of the arms' width aren't the same as the other arm, ie (our) right is skinnier than the left side which is more thicker. A bit too simple shading to my taste, however it's a good start if you're new with spriting!
    It'll have to be a no pass for me. Hope to see more improvements from you :).

Chariot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.