The Spot, Pilot Chapter

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Bolthy, Apr 8, 2020.

1. Bolthy

Bolthy Newbie

Well I've been writing a little bit for a while and this is an idea that kinda flourished in my mind some months ago. I really wanna make a mystery type of story but i dont know how to write that well yet.
    Anyway feel free to criticize and help me grow! Hope you like it :)

The Spot

Day 1 08/04/2020

I caught myself staring at the ceiling again last night. To be honest this has been happening to me quite a lot lately. In my consciousness I think I’m fast asleep, but then I wake up, staring at the same old spot, right above my head. Takes me back to when I was young.

My mom told me I used to do that quite a lot when I was a child. I was a troubled kid. Had lots of nightmares and such, I only stopped wetting my bed until I was like 9. Weird I know. Sometimes my mom (she’s the one who told me) would catch me playing alone, head looking straight up, at the ceiling of my bedroom. She even got me into a psychiatrist, but it didn’t change much. All he ever actually did was ask me questions and write receipts for pills.

As the time passed, I guess I stopped having those weird dreams, stopped wetting my bed and actually made some real life friends. Then by the age of 14 all of it was over. Kids uh?

But lately, there’s this feeling inside of me, I don’t know whether I should describe it as nostalgia or fear, maybe a mixture of both. Something like an old fear, or trauma, coming back to me. I mean I haven’t wet my bed yet, nor have I had any nightmares, but THAT SPOT IN THE CEILING catches my eye and my attention, almost as if it glowed even when the whole room’s pitch black. It’s not as if I’m scared of it, I'm curious. That’s it. I’m just obsessed with a random spot. Perhaps I got OCD? I don’t really think so. I mean my whole room’s a mess.

Anyway, guess I’ll try to catch some sleep now. Cya.

(05:59)

quentin galloway likes this.