1. Guest, you may notice that chatbox is not here anymore. Use the Discord chat instead! It’s way more popular these days, Grandpa!
    Dismiss Notice

So I got bored...

Discussion in 'Comics' started by Castleofskies, Dec 30, 2017.

1. Castleofskies

Castleofskies Newbie

And I made this comic, I can't think of a title yet. Here goes o3o ~

Links just in case ^^" :
    Chapter 1 -
    Page 1: https://i.imgur.com/LdOuX9W.png
    Page 2: https://i.imgur.com/m8Ryub2.png

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Harsh CnCs are encouraged :D , also credits-
    Kirimy maps
    Arrowroot
    Maplestory design
    wz files rip
    My notebook
    Boredom ^^"

2. bluezemmi

bluezemmi hungry as a hippo

Not sure if you are a beginner, but you understand how to use speechbubbles, the way how a comic should be read (left to right without any confusion) and the basic use of panels. Props to that good job.

Do work on resizing your scenes. Like animations, scenes can be resized and zoomed in if something detailed is happening.
    Not saying that keeping it normal sized is bad since it is a perfect way to show the place where the characters are.
    But overusing the same sized sprites in panels can get very boring for the readers.

Definitely should add some comic sound effects. Reading the fight against the dragon felt dull without comic effects. Adding sounds like 'Thwack' 'Whack' and 'Wham' adds more feel of watching an actual fight.

I recommend to give your panels a black outline and instead of a black background, use a white background.
    Gives more of a standard western comic feel.

NobleJuice and Castleofskies like this.
  3. Castleofskies

Castleofskies Newbie

I consider myself a beginner :X . I don't really take note of sound effects due to my reading habits, but now that you mention it, there was a part where Sheldon does the finishing blow without killing the Dragon, and adding blunt attack SFX like 'whack' would show it clearly. Yes, and the black background, I do realise in some parts where some panels blends in too well with the background, that it looks like one image. Will put them in mind when making the next chapter, thanks alot! ^_^

bluezemmi likes this.